Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

Inevitable that our results were going to take a turn at some stage. We were not fluent or clinical enough and no doubt the injuries to Silva and Kompany didn't help as he was getting back to what we know he can do week in week out.

7 important players missing with three of them not having a minute between them all season is starting to take its toll.

Kun isn't match fit or hardened since the international break and Bony has been average despite limited game time.

In saying that we still had enough talent on the pitch to win those two games lost at home this week but again it seems if Silva is out or not on his game along with Kun who we still heavily reliant upon to get the job done we struggle to win games.

When we are down in intensity and you are off your game any side can take advantage of this as West Ham did.

Too early to say how this season is going to pan out but we certainly don't want to gift the chasing pack free hits at reigning us in too often.

Once again after a disappointment in Europe our league form dips. For the first 30 - 40 minutes we were not very good at all. But after the break we really stepped up. I don't know how the hell West Ham managed to keep a clean sheet in the second half. I doubt our defence would have survived under such sustained pressure.
Was impressed with Otamendi's debut and the defence seemed more composed when Martin was introduced.
I hope the Hammers play like that against all the other title contenders because they were well organised and dangerous on the break. Thank goodness the sun is shining today as it's been a miserable few days results wise and wet cold weather would have just added to the gloom.

I'm usually really down after a PL loss but the 2nd half was the kind of constant high speed pressure we haven't seen for a while. OK, we didn't get the goal but I just have that feeling that we'll be champions

Complacency is our biggest threat and today hopefully is a nice early wakeup call. Let's start another long winning streak!

Every oppositions know how to take advantage from a big gap in front of our defence now(1st goal), but over all, one of those days, huh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.