Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

First game of season at Etihad for me. The change in atmosphere is awesome. Was it me or were the flood lights a bit low for much of the match? Seemed to be playing in gloom.
Despite the result I thought from 40 mins on we were cracking. KDB showed why we paid the money. Sterling has yet to. Otemendie looks great on the ball.

Kompany and Silva not fit, Kun not on his game, Nasari unable to deputise for Silva
Our spine is crocked. Age and number of appearance beginning to catch up?

So despite having the ball for 72% of the game, we still managed according to the ref to commit nearly double the amount of fouls of west ham. The injury time was a total joke, what happened to adding 30 seconds per sub but having said that the ridiculous substitutions killed any threat we had, credit to west ham, tactically spot on, bilic schooled pellegrini

Well done on the result mate, it was just one of those games for us. But were not entitled to win every game and we didn't show you enough respect at the start. Have a good season.

Hi all,

A hammer here in peace. Always had a soft spot for your lot, and glad to see you kicking off well as i couldn't stand another Chelsea season.

I have to say i'm slightly surprised by the vitriol for the ref, i can see the time-wasting complaints, but maybe not to the extent being stated on here. At least compared to what we see by a lot of big teams week in week out. That said, i suppose how you view a ref will always go with what you're wanting to happen.

As for the actual game play it seemed very much like a game of two halves. I thought we were outstanding first half, incredibly composed, and bar a few half-chances looked pretty solid at the back but more adventurous moving forward. Then with De Bruyne's goal we retreated into ourselves (on that note, what a player he looks like he's going to be, for me your MotM). Second half i think was more to do with your pressing than us trying to be negative, from what i've seen under Bilic it's not the way we like to play, we want to drop deep with the pace to counter. A combination of some great defending by Reid, Tonks, Noble, and Adrian kept us alive and then a few misses that another day would have gone in. You definitely missed Silva, as a few passes from him could have unlocked us i think and at the very least saved the point if not more. But for a team of our resource against yours, we need some luck and need to be a bit negative. I'm over the moon with the result, but sincerely hope you can carry on your fine form from before the International break. Sterling looked lively today, and when you have Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero all starting and in-form that will be absolutely terrifying to come up against.

All that said, it's a testament to the team you are now that this win means more than the Arsenal away result, and is very similar to the liverpool result, except for the history of that. Best of luck for the rest of the season, except for your trip down to us ;)

Got to give the Hammers credit where it's due. They defended their lead very well with every man running themselves into the ground. Another great performance from their keeper and centre half.
I don't think we coul;d've done much more to get the equaliser but sometimes that's football.

Got to give the Hammers credit where it's due. They defended their lead very well with every man running themselves into the ground. Another great performance from their keeper and centre half.
I don't think we coul;d've done much more to get the equaliser but sometimes that's football.
I didn't see it that way at all. They have two very under-rated centre-backs, but in general I didn't think they played that well. They couldn't keep the ball, and normally City would show a bit more quality in the final 1/3rd. We lost that game partly because Nasri and SIlva, were out and the other big players like Aguero, and Toure also underperformed. I thought we had two players who played well: De Bruyne and Demichelis. I don't buy this City will play worse and win. When you continually hit the byline time and time again and then pull the ball back and don't find a City shirt that is bad play.

When we get to play our full strength team for a few games we will be unstoppable.
We are top of the injury table now

Zabaleta, Clichy, Mangala, Kompany, Nasri, Silva, Delph

The only positive on that front is that they should all be back next month. Nasri maybe back in midweek

west ham taking all 3 points yesterday

safe_image.php

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.