Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

Just one of those days yesterday, KDB looked very good, shame Aguero and Sterling were quiet again. If we can manage to keep our preferred forward line fit we will be very hard to stop. Another 10 game run is needed now. Mcfc.ok.

Credit to West Ham done a job on us, on another day we would have soundly spanked em, but the thing that got to me was the amount of time the trainer came on to deal with an" injured" hammer, only to see them lip off after wasting another 2 mins, then to see them sprint back on, the ref was conned time and time again, how about a rule change if a player requires the trainer on, then has to go off, he must stay off for a minimum off 2 mins, third official to say when he can sprint back on.

I was absolutely disgusted with the behaviour of some of the West Ham players.

I'm talking about the ones who went down holding their head, and were then treated for a leg injury. I did notice that the ref, after the first occasion it happened, ignored it the next time, but as much as I thought his performance as regards the time-wasting was poor, I do feel a certain sympathy for him, as I realise he can't continually ignore players who go down holding their head.

Perhaps the answer is to book players who feign head injuries.

Connected to this, was the way the Hammers, after receiving lengthy treatment on the pitch, they hobble off, jog along the touch line and come straight back on, as if nothing had happened.

I expected better from West Ham and I'm very disappointed at the way they wasted so much time yesterday.

I was absolutely disgusted with the behaviour of some of the West Ham players.

I'm talking about the ones who went down holding their head, and were then treated for a leg injury. I did notice that the ref, after the first occasion it happened, ignored it the next time, but as much as I thought his performance as regards the time-wasting was poor, I do feel a certain sympathy for him, as I realise he can't continually ignore players who go down holding their head.

Perhaps the answer is to book players who feign head injuries.

Connected to this, was the way the Hammers, after receiving lengthy treatment on the pitch, they hobble off, jog along the touch line and come straight back on, as if nothing had happened.

I expected better from West Ham and I'm very disappointed at the way they wasted so much time yesterday.

I would give a special mention to Noble though as he came over and picked Jenkinson up off his arse to get him off the pitch much to the amazement of Jenkinson!

West Ham did exactly what they needed to yesterday, having said that though some of our players were awful, Toure did his usual and just strolled around doing not very much, and the amount of long balls over the top that he gave away was ridiculous, leaving Fernandinho (again) to do the work of 2 players. Kolarov had a bad day as well, poor decisions on the ball and defensively looked weak. Sterling was missing for most of the 1st half, looked great in the 2nd. Navas' final delivery must be one of the worst in the team, somebody said he attempted 18 crosses yesterday with only 2 finding a blue shirt. Very frustrating player.

I don't think we can complain with the way West Ham wasted time, 2-1 up away at a big club under pressure 99% of teams would do the same. They played well and used their strengths, they did get 2 lucky goals and we missed about 4 chances we'd normally stick away, but that's football, hopefully beat Sunderland on Tuesday night and get back on the horse.

For me it's the 2 goals we conceded that are the problem.

Yes we dominated the game but only created a very few clear cut chances and on another day could have scored 2/3 more goals. This would not be such a problem had we not conceded 2 very soft goals. From his press conference after the game I think this was what MP was most annoyed about and I totally agree with him. However, he must take action to sort it out because if we keep conceding soft goals against poor teams (WH were poor) these type of results will happen again and again.

The shape of the team early on was poor, a massive gap between back four and midfield which was exploited for their first goal. There also seemed to be a lack of intensity in the first 20 mins illustrated by Mangala's non challenge on Moses when he scored.

I did wonder whether or not Vinny had been in the changing room prior to the game winding them up. On the evidence of the first 20 it would seem not.

Upon a night of sleep and reflection....

I cant be mad at the hammers for the time wasting and running down the clock. In a situation like they were in yesterday, you simply do whatever you have to do to see the game out and get the points which is exactly what they did. We are a huge scalp these days and the fact that we did nothing to help ourselves in that first half makes the loss even more frustrating.

If we had had a ref with a pair of balls it might have been different, but it was apparent from a wild unpunished Noble challenge early on in the game that we would get nothing out of that idiot.

3 tough away games coming up now, very typical City to go into them on the back of 2 home losses.

Sorry. Kolarov left him. Sterling had Jenkinson covered. Moses was Kolarov's man.
Mangala got dragged across to cover Kolarov's ineptitude but couldn't get there in time.

spot on...in the build up Kolorov backed off moses before he got the ball leaving him with time and space to collect the ball and move forward with it....sterling had the wide man covered...kolorov in the end did nothing. Mangle was straining to get back across to over him and still got closer than colorer ever was

Kolorov was appalling (not for the first time) yesterday.........its an undeniable fact that this guy cannot defend and for a full back that is a problem........he backed out of at least one challenge yesterday and nearly gave them a third goal as well and it was mangala that saved his arse again - was this when mangle got injured as well??????

As soon as clichy is fit he needs to be dropped ...we don't need a full back who can attack as much when we have sterling and kdb plus kdb gives us a person who can play from the left who can shoot and cross as well as colorer.

Id sell him in January/the summer and bring in an understudy for Clichy

Never rated Kolorov in all the time he has been here - a very poor defender by pre league standards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.