Post Match Thread | Juventus vs Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mentality starts with the manager.

No. It starts with the players. It does not help if only the manager is a bad looser - you have to have enough players that are of the same kind. Robben, Neuer and Müller even get pissed when they loose trainings matches...

There is players that grow with the occasion and you are are better of to have as much of that kind in your team. No, they might not always be good then - but they atleast fight to the last moment.

A manager can be a motivator - but that really works great with underdogs and young homogenous teams or occasionally. For the big games the self motivation of the players should be big enough without help from outside.

Agreed and we couldn't do it and the way we set up and with the personnel we have its little wonder we continue to allow opposition players to stroll through ever widening gaps.

It's no longer a matter of if we concede but when.

Many a side with " less quality " than ours could have come to Turin and restricted their opportunities to fewer than we allowed.

OK we had our chances but we fluffed them which is often what happens when you are low in confidence and not willing to press and take on a defence with intensity.
We did alright in the circumstances

I'
Can we start an online petition to sack our medical staff please?
One soft tissue injury after another. Needs looking at. The amount of transfer fees and wages we pay and the players are injured

By far the biggest issue at the moment

That's probably very true but you can't come out and say that in the press conference. We've got serious ambitions of winning this competition and in order to do that we will have to eventually beat Barca, Real or Bayern over two legs, simple as that.

I wanna see us as a club going toe to toe with these teams, not being in awe of them and praying not to get nutmegged as Yaya said most of the lads were before the Nou Camp leg last year. We're better than that

So would every city fan i believe, but we also shouldnt ignore how ffp hindered our progress, just this year we have finally manage to break the shackels, and were able to secure a player like de bruyne, without ffp in future we can expect good things in future.

Juventus were last year finalist and playing a good game there where we created alot of chances is progress, we have to accept this team will take time to get at the very top level

So would every city fan i believe, but we also shouldnt ignore how ffp hindered our progress, just this year we have finally manage to break the shackels, and were able to secure a player like de bruyne, without ffp in future we can expect good things in future.

Juventus were last year finalist and playing a good game there where we created alot of chances is progress, we have to accept this team will take time to get at the very top level

Spurs made it to the quarter finals in their first year in the Champions League and had nowhere near the amount of quality we have and have had at our disposal. I'm sorry but this is our 5th straight year in the Champions League and we should be looking far more at ease with the competition than we are. Every team we play whether it be Ajax, Monchengladbach or one of the favourites make us look pathetically average which we're not when we decide to turn up

Does anyone have an idea why Fernandinho came off instead of Yaya? Hell I would have taken Fernando off before Fernandinho, the only midfielder who was providing us with any bite and injection of pace. Unless he is legitimately resting him after seeing fatigue, something I personally couldn't really see in his play, then there is no excuse for Yaya staying on the pitch, captain or not.

City Watch podcast had a discussion on where Yaya is in the squad, I disagreed with the guy who said he should be dropped just because historically without him we fail i.e. when he goes to AFCOM. I've changed my mind after the last two displays, we need bite in midfield, intensity and distribution quickly to the front players, as mad as it is a think a combination of fernando, fernandinho and delph is probably better in the bigger games where we can close space quick and try and launch quick attacks. Yaya has his place, but I'm not convinced it's in the big games anymore.

How many teams in europe fancy facing barcelona ?
We did alright in the circumstances

I'

One soft tissue injury after another. Needs looking at. The amount of transfer fees and wages we pay and the players are injured

By far the biggest issue at the moment

We have a number of big issues to deal with not least of which is how to get back to playing football than wins games in the premiership.

Three from 8 and likely 3 from 9 no matter the injury list isn't the type of outcome that going to make us competitive for the title if its not arrested quickly.

As for last night it was short of a pass mark as a team with a few pass marks individually.

No leadership again and nobody prepared to stamp their mark on the match.

We don't play as a cohesive unit under MP with or without the ball.

Lets face it without Hart and some individual efforts late on we wouldn't be in the last 16 of this comp.

The fact that despite Hart saving us far too often than he should have to we have two clean sheets in our last 15 games says how much we have to step up defensively if we are to have any chance of winning the title this year.

Gutted, but we weren't as bad as some have made out imo. We were just undone by poor finishing and a few defensive lapses. Juve were more organised than us overall and kept it very tight and played on the counter once a goal up as the onus was on us to score.

I was once asked who I thought was our most important player and without hesitation I replied Silva. We're different team without the little magician weaving his magic and tonight the extra guile we needed wasn't there. Nasri is an able substitute imo and with him missing too we were lacking.

Let's just pick ourselves up and get ready for Southampton.

Just read pellegrini thinks Saturdays result has been banished to history. What an a**ehole. I'm still sick thinking about it and by all accounts they got what they deserved again tonight.

No. It starts with the players. It does not help if only the manager is a bad looser - you have to have enough players that are of the same kind. Robben, Neuer and Müller even get pissed when they loose trainings matches...

There is players that grow with the occasion and you are are better of to have as much of that kind in your team. No, they might not always be good then - but they atleast fight to the last moment.

A manager can be a motivator - but that really works great with underdogs and young homogenous teams or occasionally. For the big games the self motivation of the players should be big enough without help from outside.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.