Pre match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats more important, 3 points tmrw night or 3 points on Sat? I think anything other than a win tmrw night puts us in a big hole already in the CL, so its a calculated risk i think to play Yaya and Silva that Pellers will take. More so Yaya as it seems a short recovery based on a muscular problem but i think he will play both of them as its really a must win game.

Whats more important, 3 points tmrw night or 3 points on Sat? I think anything other than a win tmrw night puts us in a big hole already in the CL, so its a calculated risk i think to play Yaya and Silva that Pellers will take. More so Yaya as it seems a short recovery based on a muscular problem but i think he will play both of them as its really a must win game.
We can win without YAYA so I wouldn't risk him unless he is 100 per cent and even then we can play him off the bench.
Some our better performances in Europe have been without Toure.

We can win without YAYA so I wouldn't risk him unless he is 100 per cent and even then we can play him off the bench.
Some our better performances in Europe have been without Toure.

Yes but it's Fernando who is replacing him, that's a massive downgrade especially if it's the totally inept Fernando that turns up.

Yes but it's Fernando who is replacing him, that's a massive downgrade especially if it's the totally inept Fernando that turns up.
He's been good this season.

I'd rather have Fernando at 100% than Toure because the European games are a step up from the Premiership in terms of intensity. Fernando has the physicality to deal with that, I'm not sure Toure has.

Zaba, Yaya and Merlin all in training today.

Kompany, Mangala, Clichy, Bony and Kelechi all still out.

I'm guessing Pellegrini will go with this:

Hart
Zabaleta
Otamendi
Demichelis
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Yaya Toure
De Bruyne
Sterling
Silva
Aguero

A win in the CL and 3 points from Newcastle are a must.

If Silva is back and Sergio gets back to his best then we should win both.

Zaba, Yaya and Merlin all in training today.

Kompany, Mangala, Clichy, Bony and Kelechi all still out.

I'm guessing Pellegrini will go with this:

Hart
Zabaleta
Otamendi
Demichelis
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Yaya Toure
De Bruyne
Sterling
Silva
Aguero

A win in the CL and 3 points from Newcastle are a must.

If Silva is back and Sergio gets back to his best then we should win both.

I’m not sure Zab will go straight in the team, maybe the home game at the weekend would be a better option for his first start. Other than that I’d agree that is what he will play.

I would be tempted with playing Fernando and resting Yaya purely on a managing fitness/rotation basis. The bench will be interesting, as I see it the fit players left are: Nasri, Fernando, Navas, Zab. All midfielders and a right back so I would guess Ambrose and Humphries have a good chance of getting the nod.

the next game is the most important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.