Pre match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been good this season.

I'd rather have Fernando at 100% than Toure because the European games are a step up from the Premiership in terms of intensity. Fernando has the physicality to deal with that, I'm not sure Toure has.

He was good against Sunderland and first half against Spurs, he looked way out of his depth in the second, maybe Dinho coming off contributed to that. Fernando for me is a decent enough squad player but when another player ( Fernandinho ) can do your "speciality" better than you when it's not their actual position then its not looking great. I hope Gladbach aren't a hard pressing team, that's when Fernando loses his shit. Yaya could easily do what Fernando is instructed to do, its just Yaya's too good to limit like that. Fernandinho, has to then take Yaya's role of controlling the game, who I feel is capable albeit not to the standard of Yaya. If Yaya is out, Silva starting is imperative to help control the game when needed.

I would prefer to have Roberts playing football than have him sitting on the bench.

I just think if he isn't playing enough football by January he should go on loan, he has far too much ability and potential to not be playing football regularly at his age.

I agree. Really excited by Roberts, I think he has a great future with us. I believe there are opportunities for him this season though if we're brave enough and clever enough as to when is right to put him in

Remember City fans, never underestimate any opponents in the CL, no matter who they are. There are no easy games in the CL.

The job is to finish 2nd, because we must ensure qualification first and foremost which means setting up not to lose. We get a point and then qualifying will be in our hands if we can beat Sevilla at home.

I think it's a bit harsh to blame Pellegrini for the loss at Spurs when we had so many players out. You lose that many players, see the breaks go against you in a game, and then go chasing a game, you can get hammered.

Never mentioned Spurs. I blame him for losing to Juve. Big European teams rest their players for the biggest CL games. Juve did that against us and won. We didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.