Pre match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose tomorrow, we've hit rock bottom losing 4/5 last games. The Sunderland game was a fluke, they're a shit team

If we lose tomorrow, we've hit rock bottom losing 4/5 last games.

My mistake thought us being midtable in Division Two after Christmas was rock bottom. Obviously being 2nd in the league and in the CL is actually us hitting rock bottom.

If we lose tomorrow, we've hit rock bottom losing 4/5 last games. The Sunderland game was a fluke, they're a shit team
Don't think you understand the term rock bottom, if you really think where City are currently or after losing another match is rock bottom then you mustn't have watched us very long.

Don't think you understand the term rock bottom, if you really think where City are currently or after losing another match is rock bottom then you mustn't have watched us very long.

Our standards have risen, anything less than a trophy a season is now failure, not just getting 40 points. Things change, and so has the club. A loss tomorrow in the CL doesn't assert any confidence in us having improved in the competition a single bit since we first walked into it. Rock bottom for us is going out our group, losing our lead(which we have) and possible losing it further.

Of course ultimate rockbottom is a place Im sure we'll never end up, but to our current standards its really close.

Never mentioned Spurs. I blame him for losing to Juve. Big European teams rest their players for the biggest CL games. Juve did that against us and won. We didn't.
Big European teams like Bayern etc play in joke leagues where they can rest players and win. We rested Sterling and Silva at Palace, but you can't rest too many in the Premier league or you will lose. See Spurs game. Changed team, get heavily beaten

Big European teams like Bayern etc play in joke leagues where they can rest players and win. We rested Sterling and Silva at Palace, but you can't rest too many in the Premier league or you will lose. See Spurs game. Changed team, get heavily beaten

If we had lost to Palace but beaten Juve two days later that would have represented the best start of any team in Europe this season. Full Stop.

Imperative we win the two games going in to the International Break - hopefully we can fully recover the current injuries over the break but I would imagine, with our luck, all returning players will be called up and come home with knocks

Hart - We definitely need him back in goal, I wasn't worried about Willy starting at the weekend as he seemed quite assured against Sunderland, but after his trip to no man's land at the start of the second half, confidence in him and his own confidence is surely shot.
Sagna - I suspect it will be too early for Zaba to go straight in
Otamendi
Demichelis - Assuming injuries for Kompany and Mangala force them out
Kolarov
Fernando - Probably a safer option if Yaya has a slight knock, given the competitive nature of the midfield in European games
Fernandinho
Navas - As with Zaba, probably too early for Silva to return, so I would go for pace down the wings with Navas and Sterling
Kevin de Bruyne
Sterling
Aguero

Why couldn't you make your type bigger and bolder. There are some old gits on here, you know ;-)

Remember City fans, never underestimate any opponents in the CL, no matter who they are. There are no easy games in the CL.
We can underestimate anyone. It's the team, that mustn't.
Don't think they will either.
Contrary to popular belief, the internet has no baring on the outcome of games ;-)

Pellegrini: "Clichy, Mangala, Kompany, Delph, Nasri and Bony all not fit. The others are in the squad and we will see tomorrow."

hart,otamendi,demi,sagna,kolarov,fernandinho,yaya,sterling,silva,de bruine,kun.

wily,zaba,fernando,navas, ? , ? , ? .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.