Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs. Man City

waspish said:
Problem is set pieces ours are shite and chelsea are better plus our defending of them has been appalling and that's where chelsea have the upper hand! MOANinho will instruct his players as always to dive they will have double figures in dangerous area of dead ball situations.. 3-1 to chelsea

Further, Borinho will be thinking win or draw, must not lose. So I can see them allowing us a fair bit of the ball and defending quite deep, trying to hit us on the counter. Which unfortunately we will probably allow them to do.

I suppose it could end up being a 0-0 bore draw, which wouldn't be the worst result. Both managers would probably take that right now.

Hello all, first post here.

We'll win at Chelsea - keep the faith. Anyone going down there? I can't get a ticket but will be in London on the piss, going to find a City-friendly pub!

Chippy_boy said:
waspish said:
Problem is set pieces ours are shite and chelsea are better plus our defending of them has been appalling and that's where chelsea have the upper hand! MOANinho will instruct his players as always to dive they will have double figures in dangerous area of dead ball situations.. 3-1 to chelsea

Further, Borinho will be thinking win or draw, must not lose. So I can see them allowing us a fair bit of the ball and defending quite deep, trying to hit us on the counter. Which unfortunately we will probably allow them to do.

I suppose it could end up being a 0-0 bore draw, which wouldn't be the worst result. Both managers would probably take that right now.

Your probably right. Nice if we got an early goal to confuse the feck out of them

Wreckless Alec said:
Must win game for Chelsea. Everything so far this season has gone their way, no injuries, dodgy penalties etc. Sooner or later the tide will turn and even an 8 point lead won't be enough. This is not make or break for us. We have a history of snatching the league from the odds on favourites.

well that's one way to look at it...

I would love to be proven wrong but can't see us winning here

The defence isn't good enough, Kompany is bang average at this moment in time, Fernando and Fernandinho pairing as proven against Arsenal offers pretty much nothing going forward as well as not even protecting the defence, and if you mark Silva out of the game, City are pretty much stuck for creativity.

If we lost the title is over imo. I know we said this when we won it in 2012 and 2014, but I can't see Chelsea letting another lead slip and us also not dropping further points.

Ireland_for_pm said:
Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Silva
Fernandinho
Lampard
Milner
Jovetic
Aguero

Midfield 3 of Milner, fernandinho and lampard. Jovetic playing off left. Just no Fernando please.

Looking at that line up proves how many questions should be asked of Txiki. How can we be one of the best teams in Europe, have great resources yet have a midfield of Milner, Lampard and Fernando starting in the biggest game of the season. Awful signings he has made since he has been here. A top CM should have been the target...like a Fabregas or a Matic. Bar YaYa Toure, the CM is average and don't even get me started on the wingers.....Navas who never gets a cross in, and has never had more than 10 assists a season.

Not scared of Chelsea as I don't think they are as good as some seem to think but I have little confidence in us going down there and winning, if we get a point I'll be very happy.

Even if we Do lose its not over plenty of points still to play for

waspish said:
Even if we Do lose its not over plenty of points still to play for

True.

Basically we've had no luck this season with injuries and what have you. If that continues, we can forget the title no matter what the result on Saturday.

But if it changes, and say Chelsea were to lose a couple of key players due to injury, we could very conceivably claw back 8 points.

Plenty still to play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.