Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs. Man City

It is going to be tough.We need a "Roma " performance - although Nasri will not be there. It has to be 4-5-1.

Hart - Zabba - Vince - Mangala - Clchy -

Navas - Silva - Fernandinho - Milner (or Fernando) - Jovetic

Aguero.

AT THE MOMENT - Fernando is poor but Milner might have his mind on his contract talks. I hate to say it but I can see the Chavs winning 2-0.

bulldogblue said:
Over the last few years our creativity from midfield has basically been reliant on our midfield three of Yaya, Silva and Nasri. We seem to manage without one but not two at once. This is our engine room and not working on all cylinders at the moment.
Let's hope Cameroon win their final group game and we can start to get back up to capacity.
Without two of the three musketeers we may well struggle to control the match at the Bridge.

In a nutshell.

Factor in Hart's inability to come for set pieces, and Chelsea's proficiency at them, we are hamstrung right across the park.

The Liverpool game tomorrow could yet have a say in things.

deano ou812 said:
This reminds me of the old days,when after an awful result we usually followed up with a good win although it always seemed to be the rags on the recieving end..Chelsea will just have to do instead..

I was thinking this on Saturday, we always used to lose a week before the derby to a lesser side. then we'd spank United !

Got to go 451 with Yaya (Fingers crossed), Fernando, Fern as the 3 and then Milner and Silva on the 'wings', Sergio up on his own. Bony (Fingers crossed) scoring and Lampard getting a late goal - 2-1 City

HolisticJim said:
Trevor Sinclair said on talk sport this morning that Ivory Coast had been knocked out of the ACON and was available for the weekend. Is this correct because I can't find any confirmation ether way.

If this was said - it is SHITE - Cameroon play Ivory Coast on Weds. K.O. 1800hrs. - 3rd match in the group stage.
Cameroon need to win - for Yaya and Bony to be coming home BUT I cannot see either playing for City on Sats.,

Like many have said, we can only play with the attitude we played with against the likes of Roma and Southampton this season. Have too be on it defensively against this lot and make set pieces count more. No more comical defending or slow build ups, we should be hitting them at speed on the break.

If we loose, although still possible; I think the title would be over imo.

Bluep*ss said:
HolisticJim said:
Trevor Sinclair said on talk sport this morning that Ivory Coast had been knocked out of the ACON and was available for the weekend. Is this correct because I can't find any confirmation ether way.

If this was said - it is SHITE - Cameroon play Ivory Coast on Weds. K.O. 1800hrs. - 3rd match in the group stage.
Cameroon need to win - for Yaya and Bony to be coming home BUT I cannot see either playing for City on Sats.,

I could see Yaya make a short appearance if that's the case. I don't see Bony being involved before he gets some time with the team.

Be good if City win, without the need to play Yaya . Would shut a few media mouths.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bulldogblue said:
Over the last few years our creativity from midfield has basically been reliant on our midfield three of Yaya, Silva and Nasri. We seem to manage without one but not two at once. This is our engine room and not working on all cylinders at the moment.
Let's hope Cameroon win their final group game and we can start to get back up to capacity.
Without two of the three musketeers we may well struggle to control the match at the Bridge.

In a nutshell.

Factor in Hart's inability to come for set pieces, and Chelsea's proficiency at them, we are hamstrung right across the park.

The Liverpool game tomorrow could yet have a say in things.

We've got to cross our fingers for extra time.

I think other than the 3 mentioned the rest of our midfield seem to slow things down to much and the prime example to the way we play is barca and Bayern under pep, it's okay having possession but to do something with it you need to keep the ball but move it quickly and stretch teams and wear them out, we have a lot of the ball but at times are too slow with it and it costs us.

Kompany is King said:
Be good if City win, without the need to play Yaya . Would shut a few media mouths.

The media will then have to change its tune -"City not won away - without Yaya - since April "

Would take a draw right now after our previous poor performances.
If we come away with anything, I'll be pleased.
Best result.... 3-0 to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.