Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs. Man City

mosssideblue said:
raymondkl92 said:
mosssideblue said:
General Question for the Chelsea game.

Should Vinnie play?

For me, no. He is too unpredictable at the moment. would play MDM and the Mangler

Vinny is one of few Prem defenders who know how to defend against Hazard. Play Demi and Mangala and we'll either concede a pen,Get a red or lose to a hazard goal.
Not going to argue with your points, but the way he is currently playing he is more likely to see a red or give a pen, or both. Dont you think

He's always up for the big ones and they don't get any bigger than Chelsea at the bridge.

Despite all the predictable hype I can see this finishing 0-0 and for differing reasons I think both Clubs will be happy with that outcome.

sam-caddick said:
I am not worried about us going forward because I think it's guaranteed we will create enough chances to try and score a goal but I do worry about the state of our defence at the moment, it's an absolute shambles!

Fernando and Fernandinho in front of the defence don't inspire much confidence as well.

They did well at Roma and I think this will be a similar type of game, which I think we'll approach in a similar manner.

waspish said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Silva
Fernandinho
Lampard
Milner
Jovetic
Aguero

Midfield 3 of Milner, fernandinho and lampard. Jovetic playing off left. Just no Fernando please.

I wouldn't have Lampard anywhere near this game his head won't be on it

Like the last time.... He scored the equaliser, should have had another...

I'd play him

I doubt there is a chance in hell that Lampard will start the game but he is a certainty for the bench ( that assumes the rest of the midfield options are not injured of course)

Of the obvious ones I expect Jovetic to miss out and Milner plays along with the 2 F's ,Silva and Navas. Realistically it should be a team set out not to concede and try to get at Chelsea on the break as we did with Roma.

Bluemanc100 said:
waspish said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Silva
Fernandinho
Lampard
Milner
Jovetic
Aguero

Midfield 3 of Milner, fernandinho and lampard. Jovetic playing off left. Just no Fernando please.

I'd play him

Difference is its at chelsea and all the stuff that's gone on about his contract..

Ireland_for_pm said:
waspish said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Silva
Fernandinho
Lampard
Milner
Jovetic
Aguero

Agree with you about lampard. He's been massively overrated by city fans this season. Besides his goals his performances have not been great. Against burnley, arsenal and Middlesbrough we seemed to get worst as he hasn't got the legs anymore. With Milner and fernandinho next to him he may have more opportunities to get on the end of things.

This has to be a wind-up. More goals than any striker we have not named Aguero including at least two game winners. There's no pleasing some people!

waspish said:
Bluemanc100 said:
waspish said:

I'd play him

Difference is its at chelsea and all the stuff that's gone on about his contract..

Sadly we have no option but to trust Pellegrini.... In hindsight we played some bloody good football v Boro but didn't take our chances

IF we take them at the bridge I think we could actually sneak it and shut a few people up....

Here's hoping

this thread has the potential to reach 100 pages if it's going on the same way till now...

Pellers will set us up the exact same way he has in every game since he took charge. The usual pass it to death with the overlapping full backs and exposed central defence. Let's be brutally honest for a moment here our attack has been powder puff of late and we are going to have to score to get anything. Need to move the ball far quicker and pull the trigger at every opportunity. However the count is nothing if not stubborn so more of the same i'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.