Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs. Man City

B\connellblue said:
Pellers will set us up the exact same way he has in every game since he took charge. The usual pass it to death with the overlapping full backs and exposed central defence. Let's be brutally honest for a moment here our attack has been powder puff of late and we are going to have to score to get anything. Need to move the ball far quicker and pull the trigger at every opportunity. However the count is nothing if not stubborn so more of the same i'd imagine.

Yep let's hope he changes this on Saturday and do a wengar

Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs. Man City

Come on city. Let's get out title defence back on track. A win here will really lift us.
As long as we score one more than they do, I don't care.

Bluemanc100 said:
waspish said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Like the last time.... He scored the equaliser, should have had another...

I'd play him

Difference is its at chelsea and all the stuff that's gone on about his contract..

Sadly we have no option but to trust Pellegrini.... In hindsight we played some bloody good football v Boro but didn't take our chances

IF we take them at the bridge I think we could actually sneak it and shut a few people up....

Here's hoping

First half maybe. Second half we were crap.

Hope is what it is at the moment. Bit like against Bayern really and that turned out well so you never know. As both Boro and Bradford showed this weekend, anything can happen in a game of football.

B\connellblue said:
Pellers will set us up the exact same way he has in every game since he took charge. The usual pass it to death with the overlapping full backs and exposed central defence. Let's be brutally honest for a moment here our attack has been powder puff of late and we are going to have to score to get anything. Need to move the ball far quicker and pull the trigger at every opportunity. However the count is nothing if not stubborn so more of the same i'd imagine.

Spot on, it's why we've lost the games we have. We're too predictable, teams have just set up the same way and hit us on the counter with no defence in sight. Full backs too far up the field, central midfielders not organised and our captain unnecessarily running wild.

We look lost without Yaya and Nasri on the ball; the two Ferns, Navas and at times Milner haven't stepped up in that regard leaving only Silva and a recent unfit Aguero.

I'm not sure Pellegrini has the tactical flexibility to do it away to Chelsea, getting Yaya back would be a massive lift though.

One win in about 22 years there, and we went almost ten years without a goal.

I'm not getting excited.

the thought of edin hazard in full flow running at vinny make my bowels move. We will be lucky to finish the game with 10 men. Sorry but can only see a Chelsea victory.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Draw written all over it for me, which I would see as a decent result.

0-0 or 5-5 I'd bite your hand off for that right now. I can see Bayern away-esque game. Solid battle which is eventually lost

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Draw written all over it for me, which I would see as a decent result.

I would bite your hand off for a draw because with our wide open midfield and defence thats the best case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.