Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace fan here

Rating your play this year. I have backed you for the CL. Sterling seems to have added two players to your team. And I think the European teams won't know what's hit them if you stop the bollix and believe in yourselves.

I don't hate any club. I enjoy good football. And your football has to be admired

We are OK, but we are not close to your level this season.

I would be happy at a 2 goal loss. I can't believe some of you are OK with a point.

The Holmesdale posters are OK in small doses , some are top palace fans, some are nobs and can't see the wood for the trees, I prefer to chat on forums that talk about all teams. But anyway I read yours some times so I thought I would post.

I would be over the ' bluemoon' if we got a point of you. But it won't happen. Sterling wasn't at his best yesterday , but why did he need to be. England have qualified and it was ony the Swiss, who are hugely overated. The only chance we have is if you hit us hard but get unlucky or finish bad and we take you on the break. But even still. Nah we won't beat you.

Last season you were not a great team and we deserved what we got of you. This season. And this game 0pts for he mighty palace.

Will be a tough fixture... They could do us at the weekend.
Put it this way - i'm alot less confident than I was when we were up against teams who Palace may end up mingling around with in the league standings (WBA and Watford)

As for their fans - I don't mind their atmosphere at all, much better than most other Prem clubs at the moment.
Some may mute when Palace are on Tv (or earplugs when we're at Selhurst) I personally enjoy the atmosphere :)
I like the banners they display in that section of their ground as well.

Hopefully we may just be too much for them and Aguero will finish his chances.

Keep getting an iffy feeling about this, they have the right tools to cause damage. Ultimately its down to who's coped with the break better, we've picked up a couple of casualties and their team will be more rested, but tiredness shouldn't be a factor at this point in the season, nor should the midweek game against Juventus. We have the squad to deal with this fixture but that doesn't mean it will be easy. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet (with the right back issue), so our attack will need to be on song. Add to all that they create a good atmosphere down there to push their team along, some of it can be cringey but it comes across well imo.

Going to be a tough fight, team selection and setup will be key and Manuel has been on point for the first 4 games. At the moment i'm thinking we will win 2-1 or 3-1 but i'll go with 2-0 if Sagna is fit, we'll have to play like we did at Everton.

Keep getting an iffy feeling about this, they have the right tools to cause damage. Ultimately its down to who's coped with the break better, we've picked up a couple of casualties and their team will be more rested, but tiredness shouldn't be a factor at this point in the season, nor should the midweek game against Juventus. We have the squad to deal with this fixture but that doesn't mean it will be easy. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet (with the right back issue), so our attack will need to be on song. Add to all that they create a good atmosphere down there to push their team along, some of it can be cringey but it comes across well imo.

Going to be a tough fight, team selection and setup will be key and Manuel has been on point for the first 4 games. At the moment i'm thinking we will win 2-1 or 3-1 but i'll go with 2-0 if Sagna is fit, we'll have to play like we did at Everton.

I do think our clean sheet run will go in this game.

The biggest concern for me is Sagna albeit looking at yesterday's training photos on the OS it does seem he is OK.

Other than him the only real concerns are Aguero and Fernandinho but neither started for their countries last night so just hoping jet lag isn't too much if a concern for them.

The biggest plus is is Yaya not having had any international duty because it was only this time last season he came back too late for the Arsenal away game and therefore couldn't play if I remember, so he should be fresh and ready to go.

I don't think anybody wants to play Palace at the moment but I think these are the sort of games that will define our season in my opinion.

I really don't want to see us fall to complacency like last season and whilst Juventus is a huge game, we can't go into that game thinking about what is going to happen or who will play.

With Delph out injured we are probably forced now into playing Fernandinho but with regards to Aguero, I think of Bony is fit I could see him starting.

They are a decent enough side, expected them to do very well this season and they are so far. I hope we keep our strong performances going and the international break didn't have too much of a negative on our players. I think we'll win this 2-1, or a draw at worst. We should keep the same team we had going except Aguero who to be careful should play 45 min and save for Juventus.

It's hard to decide who is the worst choice at right back out of Navas, Fernandinho, Mangala and Kolarov, all of whom have been touted as potential replacements on here!

Kolarov is by far the worst shout of them 4 to play right back Ric and thats including the fact Navas is 3 feet 2 tall!

We'll play them off the park. Same as last season really, but this time we will score a few. Palace are a danger on the counter, so as long as our full backs do their job of defending and not wholly intent on attacking, that should see off the threat of Bolasie/Zaha. Having said that Kolarov looks the dogs so far, something has changed in that man. For the better! Palace 1 City 4

I'll be very happy if it's the same as last season when we beat you 2-1
#CPFC
#COYP

Can't blame Palace fans for feeling confident at the moment - they're playing very well and deserve to be where they are in the league. This will be a tough game and I'm expecting an end-to-end encounter where it'll come down to who outscores who. Arsenal did create a lot of chances against them so that should be a plus in our favour.

Anyway, on to the more important stuff - I've not done Palace away for a good few years now so wondering where's best for a slurp. Are the Wetherspoons near Thornton Heath and Norwood Junction rail stations the best bets?

Last edited:
Can't blame Palace fans for feeling confident at the moment - they're playing very well and deserve to be where they are in the league. This will be a tough game and I'm expecting an end-to-end encounter where it'll come down to who outscores who. Arsenal did create a lot of chances against them so that should be a plus in our favour.

Anyway, on to the more important stuff - I've not done Palace away for a good few years now so wondering where's best for a slurp. Are the Wetherspoons near Thornton Heath and Norwood Junction rail stations the best bets?

Loads of pubs mate, no weather's though unless you wanna go Croydon first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.