Premier League agrees the "New Deal for Football" aka please don't regulate us.

The premier league teams have announced a new set of financial guidelines and regulations in the hope that the 2020 Superleague scandal won't end up in permanant governmental oversight.

Highlights in order of relevance to City -

- Cap on transfer+Wage spending across the Pyramid (a softer version of the new FFP, 70% of revenue)​
- No more League Cup for clubs in Europe​
- Relaxing Post-Brexit visa rules.​
- Guaranteeing a % of revenue is spent on infrastructure not wages.​
- Merit based solidarity payments.​
- Wage + Spending controls in the Championship.​
Cap ? welcome to mls 2.0 ffs

The biggest thing about the league Cup changes for me is that in years to come, it devalues the ones we have won.

It will no longer be seen as a major trophy so when looking back at trophies won in 20 years time, nobody will care about our league Cup wins or the domestic treble

The European competitors play the kids and fringe players anyway until the final so I don’t see the need to scrap it for ‘match congestion’. I understand the prize money is pittence compared to the rest of the trophies and that in lies the real reason. Unfortunately.

Just let teams enter weakened squads into the Carabao Cup, no need to get rid. It should all be done and dusted before Christmas though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.