Premier League clubs vote against 5 subs per match in 20/21

I think this will come back and bite at least a few clubs on the arse.

With a full season crammed into a month less, there wi be two-game weeks and players will have less recovery time, meaning more injuries, even if they’re minor ones.

A crammed season and what does the most intense league with the most games do? yep the dumbest thing possible.

I hope when a club who voted against this has a manager complaining about injuries they're reminded of their vote

Good decision. Five subs is way to much makes it feel like a pre season match. Plus there’s already to much time wasting with subs as it is.

So you’re happy for players to be fucked and more susceptible to injury?

OK.

There wouldn’t be any more time used for substitutes, as there would only be thred occasions (plus half-time) when a team could bring them on, just as it was post-lockdown.

A crammed season and what does the most intense league with the most games do? yep the dumbest thing possible.

I hope when a club who voted against this has a manager complaining about injuries they're reminded of their vote
Don’t think it has been made public who voted which way but it has to be the dumbest move made by the PL since they decided to use VAR totally different to other countries. Bit of a pattern emerging...

Because of money pep, money ,players have never been important ,just the product

Pep Guardiola: “I don’t understand why, in this incredible period, when everyone is concerned about Covid-19 and is not allowed to go to the restaurants and is not allowed to do what you want to do, that you cannot protect the players with five substitutes

Pep Guardiola: “The guys below the top six - they have the same [situation], games every three days. You have to protect the players. But I don’t decide this kind of situations.” [via
@TeleFootball

Was initially in favour of this, but with hindsight it was admittedly a bad call. With the amount of games being played, they need to protect the players.

The rags really missed a trick there to expedite Louis Ollie's masterplan.
5 subs would allow more of their vaunted academy production line to see more game time, accelerating the organic and definitely strategically intended 'build on youth' revolution.

Anyone who thought it was a good idea to only have 3 subs during this season, and as long as this situation continues need their heads feeling, the end of the season will turn into a grind, it wont be about who deserves to win the league it will be a survival of the fittest, very poor by the clubs to vote this in, short sighted, you would expect professional people to mate professional decisions

Anyone who thought it was a good idea to only have 3 subs during this season, and as long as this situation continues need their heads feeling, the end of the season will turn into a grind, it wont be about who deserves to win the league it will be a survival of the fittest, very poor by the clubs to vote this in, short sighted, you would expect professional people to mate professional decisions

Just typical of the fa and premier league to go against most of Europe. We have less subs, and use VAR in a different way than Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.