Premier League Games 12-18 Jan '23

If our players weren’t exhausted I’d fancy us against them. I still think we keep the ball better than arsenal. It’s their energy & direct play that beats us right now.
I think “at the moment “ is the key. If both sides are at their best it would very different.

There's nothing complicated about how Arsenal are playing.

They are playing simple football really quickly, because they know where everyone should be and make their chances quickly with little thought. Stretch the pitch, gives everyone in the middle more space, build on one side then move the ball quickly to the winger on the other side to go 1v1 to make a chance for his teammates, this was typical City attacking patterns.

Arteta is just doing what Pep use to do, we don't really play quick like this this season, which is whats required to pull it off, it has to be automatic, and can be done when you practice it with virtually the same players in the same position week in and week out.

Our squad gets rotated, but not just rotated (I don't see this as the problem), but also put in different roles, expected to masterfully pull off many different roles at this level. That's not going to happen. That's not what Pep did in his early success at Barca, Bayern and titles here.

I think he expects after all the years the players to be smart enough to do it, but very few are.

Yeah you don’t have to be a great team to win the CL. Don’t even have to play well or be consistent.

Just do enough in one game out of two in a leg, and then the final.
Exactly. Give it another month and our form may have picked up and we’re as good as anyone on our day. The best team doesn’t always win the champions league. We’ve never won it over the years despite being brilliant, so I’m hoping we can do now we’ve dropped a level.

Yes agree. Easier to hunt Utd down than arsenal if we have too. Arsenal need their confidence hitting.

I’m still confused how Utd are where they are. I still think they are shocking
United are shit. Better than they were, but still shit. If they were to win it, they would be the worst side to win it, since they last did. I have to believe that they’re winning fuck all.

Arsenal are a very good team and I just don’t see them losing many points against the dross (like we have). Therefore, the only hope we have, is them bottling it against the likes of United and Liverpool and then hopefully the real City decide to turn up at some point and tear them a new arsehole.

They have to play us twice so that’s us 14 points behind. Not chance we’re containing this Arsenal side.
Got to agree with you on this mate.

Sure i want us to win all the games against them coming up.

Reality is though i see them battering us.And it could be embarrassing.

We concede goals against teams that create just 1 or ,2, chances with Balls over the top per game.

Arsenal will hit us from both flanks and down the middle.

They wont spend 85 minutes keeping pointless possession passing to the back and side.

We look fucked these days just playing walking football.

Not looking forward to those games.

They have improved under Ten Haag, but incidents like yesterday , and others, probably explain why they are where they are.
They have improved but still awful. They man marked our players yesterday who can’t seem to run 5 yards right now. They won’t compete with arsenals energy. Sadly we are easy to play right now. Utd seem to have a lot of luck right now too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.