Premier League Games 12-18 Jan '23

Redknapp can’t remember any derby game where it’s been so one-sided.
He is such an idiot. Did you hear his comments about Kane pre-game and how he doesn’t have to rely on other players putting the ball on a plate for him like some other strikers. I wonder who he was thinking about ?

You say that Arsenal are not better than us but then give six reasons why they are.

We need to take our blue tinted glasses off. We have been below par all season and particularly awful for the past month.

At the moment Arsenal are definitely better than us. If we return to our normal form then maybe not.
If our players weren’t exhausted I’d fancy us against them. I still think we keep the ball better than arsenal. It’s their energy & direct play that beats us right now.

We haven’t played well for months and Arsenal look like they’re getting better with every game. Like I said, I’m not totally ruling us out as a lot of this squad has turned around bad form before. I just can’t see it at the minute, unless Pep makes some big changes to his set up.

I'm making the point that we are in 2nd and we know that we can chases a team, some on here think Stuart Peirce is still the flippin' manager :)

Rewriting of history. He was great in some games, cost us in others. They seem to be a better side without Jesus.
Zinchenko didn't cost us at all. And don't dare point at that West Ham game at the end of last season when Fernandinho was hobbling alongside him at centre-back. What Zinchenko did do was keep us fighting when the chips were down. Turned the 3-2 Villa game around almost on his own after coming on.

The sale of Jesus, I understood that. We had Haaland and Alvarez coming in. But we had bugger all coming in at left-back. Cancelo and Zinchenko were more than strong enough and we should have sold a better pitch to Zinchenko to keep him, but instead we let him go to our rivals without a proper replacement.

We should have put more energy into finding a back-up for Walker this summer. We're lucky that Rico Lewis has arrived to the party with a good head on his shoulders. We created a problem where there wasn't one by letting Zinchenko go. Now we're always a couple of injuries away from having Gomez play regularly. Disaster.

Zinchenko was fantastic. He was a fighter who understood Pep-ball. This will be three titles in a row for him and Jesus. He is a quality professional who, yes, has limitations, but gave his all, had seriously high quality footballing intelligence, and is showing that week in week out for a team currently on track for 100+ points.

Yes agree. Easier to hunt Utd down than arsenal if we have too. Arsenal need their confidence hitting.

I’m still confused how Utd are where they are. I still think they are shocking

They have improved under Ten Haag, but incidents like yesterday , and others, probably explain why they are where they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.