Premier League Games 12-18 Jan '23

Next Sunday I am really torn. If the rags beat Arsenal, we could be a few points closer. But if the rags beat Arsenal, they may well start pulling away from us too, leaving us in a fight for third with Newcastle.
1st is everything. 2nd, 3rd or 4th means nothing. We need United to win and we need to sort ourselves out.

Arsenal had a much more favorable schedule to start the season than really anyone. Their hardest away matches up to this have been United away, which they lost, and BHA, who they thumped. It's a good squad and they deserve to be first, but there is a lot of football left to play.

Compare how we are currently playing to how Arsenal are playing! When we have chased down teams in the past we were miles better than we are at the moment.

We had to chase teams down because by our standards we had a poor run, or we wouldn't have been bloody chasing them.

Win the league?

First of all we need to get back to basis of trying to play quicker and score goals. As well as keeping possession and pressing Arsenal are trying to score. We just want to keep possession.

Post World Cup we would probably have not scored Arsenals second goal as we currently don’t shoot.

Anybody else think something changed against Utd at our place earlier this season. Gifting them those 3 goals & pep making all those subs.

We have never kicked on since that game to me. A game we really could of scored 10.

Our mentality is way off the pace
I'd love to think that was true, because the impact would fade. I'm afraid it goes deeper. And this World Cup thing was always going to make things unpredictable. I'd write the whole thing off just to win the CL at this point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.