Premier League Games 13/14/15 April '24

Having looked at it a few times I think VAR has to overturn it and they made the right decision.

Initial contact looks to be outside the box.

Fouls continuing into the box according to Law 12 have to be holding offences. He’s not held him, just impeded him so first contact is what matters for this type of foul.

Clear and obvious isn’t relevant here. It’s a line decision, has to be either inside or outside. Like offside it’s not considered subjective but binary. Tricky but looks more out than in so it’s pretty much the only decision he can come to.

The VAR official has just followed a simple process there and I can see why that’s the decision he had to make.
On the video the contact was in the box to use the freeze frame they did, from the wrong perspective, then it appears to be just outside the line however, if they did a freeze frame from the reverse perspective then the moment of contact was inside the line

So VAR confirm its a foul, what I dont understand is that if it wasnt a penalty then surely it was denying a goal scoring opportunity and a yellow/red card ......but as far as i could see no punishment to the player for the foul, can anyone explain why ?
Because the Ref doesn't understand the rules.

Having looked at it a few times I think VAR has to overturn it and they made the right decision.

Initial contact looks to be outside the box.

Fouls continuing into the box according to Law 12 have to be holding offences. He’s not held him, just impeded him so first contact is what matters for this type of foul.

Clear and obvious isn’t relevant here. It’s a line decision, has to be either inside or outside. Like offside it’s not considered subjective but binary. Tricky but looks more out than in so it’s pretty much the only decision he can come to.

The VAR official has just followed a simple process there and I can see why that’s the decision he had to make.
How can in one hand say, VAR has to overturn it and in the other, initial contact looks to be outside?

Nice to see a manager call it as it is:

Bournemouth boss Andoni Iraola speaking to Sky Sports: "We could not finish it off. We are happy to take a point, and give importance to taking a point against Manchester United, but we think that we deserved the three points.

"We missed chances, especially in the first half. We should have begun the second half with a better scoreline. The reason we did not win was because we missed chances and all the refereeing decisions went against us. Those are the two main reasons."

On the penalty decisions: "[The handball] I think it is in the rules no? The ball rebounds from his teammate and what Adam does is instinctive. I think it is not called normally, these kind of handballs.

"I believe completely it was a penalty [for Christie]. Against Newcastle the penalty against us, the contact started outside the box. But [today] the first frame was put so the first contact was on the edge of the box, but the contact continues one,two metres inside and is stopping the player.

"It is not just one moment and Christie is down. The defender goes with Christie one, two metres inside the box. For me it is obvious.

"In the first half Kobbie Mainoo dives and it is not a yellow card, second half Ryan Christie, there is contact and he falls down, but yellow card for diving. What is the difference

Pure theatre: drama for the armchair fans, that's all that 'penalty' stuff was about. The ref was never, ever, ever going to give a penalty against the rags, but it kept everyone on the edge of their seats - the Premier league is a product, remember.

Personally I was just waiting for the EastEnders-style tom-tom drums ending.

All I hear from the media is ten hag getting sacked and Southgate coming in. That’s comedy, not relevance.

The only sickening thing I hear about them now, not that I pay much attention, mind, is scruffy Jim being their saviour. That thoroughly fucks me off, but the counter is ago they’re recruiting.

They’re nothing.

No it's relevance. It's keeping them on top of the clicks and generating interest. The rag hordes lap it up as they're still making the headlines. Even the negativity is generating hope. Somebody better coming in, Scruffy Jim sorting it out. Positive or negative they keep them the top headline the majority of the time.

No it's relevance. It's keeping them on top of the clicks and generating interest. The rag hordes lap it up as they're still making the headlines. Even the negativity is generating hope. Somebody better coming in, Scruffy Jim sorting it out. Positive or negative they keep them the top headline the majority of the time.
Doesn’t do them any good in the football world though. They do get a lot of negative press now, whereas when purple head was there it was all positive.

They’re a shambles and I can’t wait to smack fuck out of them in the final (should we get there of course).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.