Premier League meeting to discuss salary cap?

The premier league are sharpening the axe to kill the golden goose.

I think this is the yanks again and there self interest.
I think this is the cartel trying to save themselves money. If the cap is based on the lowest club money then the big clubs will save paying their players as much and therefore the owners will be able to keep more of their profits. It stinks!

Simple,they want minimum layout and maximum payout..
agree, but that’s where these yank owners fall down because they don’t see the big picture. Strip the squads down and suddenly English teams don‘t do as well in Europe, players start going abroad like the did in years gone by, the best managers and players go elsewhere, the product is damaged, the TV revenue falls, the value of their clubs also falls. so in the short term they realise profits, but long term their asset loses value.

Correct annual wage bill of city is around 350m what their proposing is wage bill can be four times the turnover of the bottom club bottom club will have a turnover of well over 100m
It's just the TV money of the bottom club, rather than their whole turnover as far as I can see.

Still, you're absolutely right, estimates for this year's TV money would give the bottom club nearly £130m. So a cap of £520m, which is pointless as the top clubs are only in the £300-350m bracket now.

To us mere mortals who go to work and earn our money just to survive and pay the bills it's a great idea.

In reality. It will be harder to attract some players as some players follow the bank accounts then enjoying a football tour off playing for different clubs.

The Wage caps or transfer fee caps probably should have happened when the Premier League was first started.

The finances have gone out off control and players attitudes are totally different now. Just look at Dele Alli who is on probably 80k a week and doesn't care about his performances or attitude.

Maybe the wage caps on players under 23 might possibly work as it will make them work harder to become the best.

It's just the TV money of the bottom club, rather than their whole turnover as far as I can see.

Still, you're absolutely right, estimates for this year's TV money would give the bottom club nearly £130m. So a cap of £520m, which is pointless as the top clubs are only in the £300-350m bracket now.
No one has stated it is proposed as 4 x multiple. Someone who knew nothing about it used 4 as an example and no more.

No one has stated it is proposed as 4 x multiple. Someone who knew nothing about it used 4 as an example and no more.
It's not official, but 4 x is the figure that's been reported in lots of papers today. (Times, Sun, Express, Mail on the first page of Google)

Wouldn’t matter now, but the cap is to get it under control because annual wages ten years ago would of been 200m max ten years later it’s around 350m! so cap it now on the bottom teams tv money means unless the tv sold rights go up the clubs annual wages won’t go higher than 500m mark..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.