Premier League (Midweek) Games 16/17 March '22

No one on our team wants to score badly enough. That clinical ruthlessness disappeared when Sergio left.

Do you honestly think that not a single player from our team wants to score - or has the desire to?
We aren’t scoring many but to say none of the team want to is just ridiculous.

Time and again I read that Liverpool didn't play well but got the luck and the decisions to swing the game. It happened in the cups and the league. Without that their season could have been over before it began. Similarly with a little luck City could have been clear. This is why I don't understand the eulogising over Liverpool. They are a good side but not as good as the media would have us believe.
I agree to a certain degree but we have to give credit for them for capitalising on every bit of good fortune that goes their way(without over doing it). Some teams get those lucky breaks and squander them. They have ruthless strikers and plenty of them to capitalise on those things.

While I do think Liverpool will drop points, I hope the City team has the attitude that they can't afford any more off performances, from now to the end of the season(win games early, would be nice too). We've dropped points almost every time that's happened since January, it feels like. It wont mean much if they do drop points, if we're doing it too. That said, when our team get in the zone, they are more than capable of going on a 9 game winning streak in this league.

Am I right in thinking Pep's City have had longer winning streaks and more of them, than Klopp's Liverpool?

Last edited:
It was typical City at its best. I remember our much lauded famous five forward line that day. Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Law and Marsh. Wolves should have been hammered. They had lost their first choice keeper Phil Parkes with a broken leg but as is our luck Gary Pierce came in and was man of the match. Utterly depressing
You've brought back a bad memory of that day at Wembley.
Thanks.. :)

Got well oiled that night in London.

The glimmer of hope I'm clinging to is......we have the easier run in.

We haven't. Wolves, West Ham away, tough games. Burnley, Leeds away fighting for survival. A much improved Villa ( With the Gerrard/Coutinho/Liverpool connection ) and a rejuvenated Newcastle. Watford and Brighton on paper should be wins. The Liverpool game is hard for both clubs.

Their firepower and ability to score; n tight games might just give them the edge. We'll see.

We haven't. Wolves, West Ham away, tough games. Burnley, Leeds away fighting for survival. A much improved Villa ( With the Gerrard/Coutinho/Liverpool connection ) and a rejuvenated Newcastle. Watford and Brighton on paper should be wins. The Liverpool game is hard for both clubs.

Their firepower and ability to score; n tight games might just give them the edge. We'll see.
I'd rather have ours than theirs :)

I wouldn't call it a hypothesis, but yes as the title race has not yet concluded then it isn't that either.
Yes but someone can hypothesize and then come to a conclusion (in their own mind) based on form and likelihoods. Even if their personal conclusion turns out to be inaccurate.

"I've concluded that.....blah blah blah"

By the time we play newcastle, West Ham and villa in the last 3 games, it’s highly likely all 3 teams will already be on the beach

wolves will be our hardest game. Leeds is tricky but we’ve already put 7 past them this season. Burnley, Brighton and Watford should be fairly straightforward

leaving Liverpool. I think it’s starting to look like the winner of that game wins the league. With so much to lose it will probably end up in a cagey draw, which will be a better result for us I suspect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.