Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
We desperately need to get this CL monkey off our back, it’s another stick for the media to beat us with.

Having said that, we have to win the league, especially from this position. I couldn’t take those scouse twats winning it. So purely from a personal view I voted league. But the club wants and needs the CL.

This team is the best in the world and deserves both.
The media will still beat us with a stick, we will never get the recognition this great club deserves.

c) City win both PL & CL + FA. Liverpool win diddly & get banned from Europe, belatedly, for bus attack

You can lose 3 CL group games, a round of 16 game, a quarter and semi final game, draw 0-0 in the final and win the CL 1-0 on penalties..

Apparently this then means you're classed as the best team in Europe..

This opens you up to an invite to play in the World Club Cup where you can guarantee no fcuker has heard of a least 2 of the teams competing.

Beat the fodder offered up in game 1 and then play some team that Burnley would most probably turn over in the final.

All of a sudden, you're the best team in the whole world..

On the other hand you can accumulate 100 points out of 114 in a season, win your domestic quadruple, a feat never seen in the history of English football before and retain your domestic title in what's recognised as the hardest league in world football to win once never mind back to back.

And you can also break pretty much every domestic record worth breaking in the process..

However, apparently winning some jumped up cup competition where you can lose multiple games and still not get knocked out, not forgetting you can also avoid having to play anyone half decent until the knockout rounds as it's also a seeded competition..

It's astounding that this footballing circus is viewed as the pinnacle of club football, the holy grail, the promised land..

If it's all that, you have to ask yourself why then are 2 of the last 3 European / World Club Cup winners embedded in our shadow?

Both, domestically are completely dominated by City and have been for some considerable time now..

To conclude, just to clear things up and for the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, it's actually US who are recognised as being the best team in the world..!

I know that, you know that and what's more, the sycophantic media, dippers, rags and chavs also know that too..!

I'd win the league every year for the next ten seasons, the only reason I would be happy to win the chumps league is to stop the wankstains from saying you haven't won it.

Rags won it as the chumps league twice in 20 years, while dominating this league, they have fuck all to crow about really, the Scouse cunts lucked into 2 wins, a huge collapse from some cough corrupt Italians and then the win over Spurs but I think they had lost at least half of their games and still got to the final somehow.

Tossers.

League, FA Cup, CL, LC

When they revert back to champions only then the CL will actually mean something again.

It isn’t odd.. the league is 38 games and you need to maintain a certain standard, which is why it’s the pinnacle for us. The champs league, is a cup; it’s about luck of the draw and one off games. It’s eluded us so far, but it’s definitely tougher to win the league. Or at least, the league is won by the best team, whereas CL is won by whichever team performs on the night and has the luck.
For Manchester City winning the champions league has been harder then winning the league, you can try and argue otherwise but the simple fact is we have won league titles but not the champions league. End of story.

You have a point, but I’d say you have to have better luck to win CL and errors/quality performances are magnified in importance.

It’s “harder” to be really good over 38 matches than to be periodically brilliant + avoid the “big mistake” + get favo(u)rable draws relative to peers over 13.

Your most difficult potential opponents always have a chance to snip you 2x in the league whereas you may never meet them in the CL.

The most important reason to me to win the CL (not over the Prem mind — just win it period) is that our owners and players want to, and though we pay for the privilege, we owe them for the rest of our lives for having added so much joy.

1 you don’t have to be really good over 38 games just better than the opposition of varying ability most of the time
2 we really don’t owe anyone anything it’s not been done for your or my benefit. We have been lucky that their ambition has been attached to our club rather than another one. It will however be a shame if the owners fans and players don’t get that satisfaction of winning the most prestigious competition. I would have loved Sergio to get his hands on it.

Fingers crossed we get it this year and the league as well being a greedy twat that I am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.