Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
I’m right though. :-)
It’s like United winning the treble. Something no other English club has ever done either.
Now that’s one thing I’m sure we can all agree on: to win the champions league to complete the treble would be a football orgasm never ever to be beaten. I actually thin we could do it this year. Maybe beat Liverpool in both cup finals to add a bit of spice.

You said you couldn’t fathom that position earlier on. Now you can, but you disagree with it, which is where I was with you from the outset.

The club doesn’t “need” any trophy. You want it to complete the set. That’s fair enough.

The league title will always be more important to me than an continental FA Cup. The club doesn’t “need” that title either.

I guess you’ll want the Europa League trophy after the CL one as it’s another trophy the club hasn’t won?
Sorry mate but that’s just a load of daft sentences mixed together.

At any earlier point in the past decade I would have said the Premier League is what matters / the true yardstick ... but this season, for the first time, it feels different.
It feels like winning the CL will do a lot more for the future of the club, our image, how Pep's time is viewed, etc ... than another PL can possibly do.

Shouldn't be that way, but I think it is.

At any earlier point in the past decade I would have said the Premier League is what matters / the true yardstick ... but this season, for the first time, it feels different.
It feels like winning the CL will do a lot more for the future of the club, our image, how Pep's time is viewed, etc ... than another PL can possibly do.

Shouldn't be that way, but I think it is.
Jamie Jackson and the media tell us that Pep's City era will forever have an asterisk against it until he wins the Champions League with City but we are the judges, not them. They are news salesmen who will scam any story together if it sells copy and portrays City in a bad light.

The Champions League is of growing football and commercial importance but overall the league is what I want to win more than anything else.

for those defending with the logic we won 3 PLs in 4 years but no CL ever- Liverpool won more CLs in 30 years than PL. SAF is great because he won PL after PL not beacuse he won 2 CLs or 1 treble in 27 years.
for those City fans saying the club needs CL and are ready to get it at the cost of PL, who told u we need CL like that? media, rivals? Pep, the greatest manager our club can ever have, says PL first.

CL _ PL
global appeal >
marketing >
money >
hype > (best teams from across Europe competing agaisnt each other)
Kings of Europe seems like a marketing gimmick
CL easiest competition to talk about as it's more about vibes and less about merit than PL.

CL is about hollow hype/ popularity: easier thing to sell than merit. easier thing to fall for than merit.
merit is difficult. consistency is difficult.
consistency > peak. some teams can have good spells in later stages of CL knockout but can't prove themselves over a period of 12 months.

for me PL > CL
and my views aren't based on who acknowledges City for the glory they have or how capable they are.

The treble followed by an announcement Pep is staying a bit longer.

A summer of piss waves hitting Merseyside.

for those defending with the logic we won 3 PLs in 4 years but no CL ever- Liverpool won more CLs in 30 years than PL. SAF is great because he won PL after PL not beacuse he won 2 CLs or 1 treble in 27 years.
for those City fans saying the club needs CL and are ready to get it at the cost of PL, who told u we need CL like that? media, rivals? Pep, the greatest manager our club can ever have, says PL first.

CL _ PL
global appeal >
marketing >
money >
hype > (best teams from across Europe competing agaisnt each other)
Kings of Europe seems like a marketing gimmick
CL easiest competition to talk about as it's more about vibes and less about merit than PL.

CL is about hollow hype/ popularity: easier thing to sell than merit. easier thing to fall for than merit.
merit is difficult. consistency is difficult.
consistency > peak. some teams can have good spells in later stages of CL knockout but can't prove themselves over a period of 12 months.

for me PL > CL
and my views aren't based on who acknowledges City for the glory they have or how capable they are.
Who is SAF? :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.