Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
How can the league be tougher to win when we have won the league several times but never the champions league. Odd statement.
It isn’t odd.. the league is 38 games and you need to maintain a certain standard, which is why it’s the pinnacle for us. The champs league, is a cup; it’s about luck of the draw and one off games. It’s eluded us so far, but it’s definitely tougher to win the league. Or at least, the league is won by the best team, whereas CL is won by whichever team performs on the night and has the luck.

Ok, so you’ve never prioritised the league as it’s inferior to the CL in your eyes?

Glorified cup competition vs the League? No contest, unless you want to own people on social media,
No. That’s not what I said. That’s taking the argument to “ad absurdum” point. My original post said that in 2012 I valued the premier league more. This year I want the champions league more. If we win the champions league three times in the next four years and Liverpool do the same with the league, then I might feel differently again.

It really isn’t a complex thing to grasp, this.

No. That’s not what I said. That’s taking the argument to “ad absurdum” point. My original post said that in 2012 I valued the premier league more. This year I want the champions league more. If we win the champions league three times in the next four years and Liverpool do the same with the league, then I might feel differently again.

It really isn’t a complex thing to grasp, this.
It is for you. You can’t fathom my position. I can yours. I just don’t agree with it.

Obviously it’s all about opinions, but I’d put winning the CL behind the doing the English domestic quadruple in 1 season. No other English club has ever done that.How Many English clubs have won the European Cup/CL?
Well that’s a different question and a different argument.

Ask any Liverpool fan and they will say the CL. That’s until they win the PL again. Hopefully not this season. The fact that they call themselves *European Royalty*, even though Real Madrid have won the European Cup/CL 7 times more than Liverpool, show’s how deluded Liverpool fans are when it comes to the CL. You’ll note Liverpool fans never talk about winning the PL, as Liverpool have only won it once In 30 years.

It is for you. You can’t fathom my position. I can yours. I just don’t agree with it.
I can fathom your position: you’d rather win the premier league for the fourth time in 5 years than win the champions league for the first time in the club’s history.

You’re welcome to it but I think it’s parochial, defensive and small minded and wouldn’t be shared by a single member of the board, coaching staff or playing staff. I don’t care what Pep or khaldoon says to manage expectations or what a poll on a football forum says. This club needs the champions league now and I want it more than anything else.

Win the FA Cup Final vs Liverpool.

Win the Champions League Final vs Liverpool.

Beat Liverpool to the title on goal difference on the last day of the season against Villa with a last minute winner from Sterling followed by an Adebayor-esque celebration in front of Gerrard.

Is that too much to ask for?

count me in
could add a Grealish screamer and his assist to Raheem

I can fathom your position: you’d rather win the premier league for the fourth time in 5 years than win the champions league for the first time in the club’s history.

You’re welcome to it but I think it’s parochial, defensive and small minded and wouldn’t be shared by a single member of the board, coaching staff or playing staff. I don’t care what Pep or khaldoon says to manage expectations or what a poll on a football forum says. This club needs the champions league now and I want it more than anything else.
You said you couldn’t fathom that position earlier on. Now you can, but you disagree with it, which is where I was with you from the outset.

The club doesn’t “need” any trophy. You want it to complete the set. That’s fair enough.

The league title will always be more important to me than an continental FA Cup. The club doesn’t “need” that title either.

I guess you’ll want the Europa League trophy after the CL one as it’s another trophy the club hasn’t won?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.