Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Champions League for me but I voted to win the Premier League only because you put Liverpool down as champions. If you’d have put Chelsea down then Champions League all day long. I want to win the CL 7 times before I die and the league 21. ;)

How can the league be tougher to win when we have won the league several times but never the champions league. Odd statement.
League is about being the best week in week out champions league is alot of luck. Chelsea won the champions league last year but we won the league think even most Chelsea fan will agree we were a better team last season.

• Win the premier league but get knocked out of champions league
  • Win the champions league but Liverpool win the premier league
  • Win the premier league and the champions league and the dippers get relegated

This club needs to win the CL asap. We certainly should have done much better in the years when we lost to Tottenham and Monaco and fucking Lyon. (And the early years when Mancini failed in CL group stages).

Only two seasons we did actually well, it was last season and the one Pellegrini reached semis but that semis were rather disappointing as we created fuck all in 180 minutes vs Real Madrid, but at least we lost to the eventual winners noot some mediocre team compared to our squad.

This club and squad is as ready for a CL win as it can be with playing some of its best football, the togetherness of the squad etc. when if not now.

It will be very hard from next round, I expect us to get a shit draw by getting Chelsea or Liverpool or Bayern in quarters already.

Cup competition's give less margin for error. We've won 5 PL's since the take over to 2 FA cup's. We could feasibly win the PL without beating any of our closest rivals. One dodgy night in Wigan and an FA cup dream can be over. Where as you can lose at home to Crystal Palace and still have a 9 point lead in the league.
To win the CL we would have to beat some of the best teams in Europe. So I don't get the argument that the CL is "just" a cup competition.

I didnt really like either option, because will be gutted if we lose the league from here. Also the amount of shit the club are getting for not winning the cl is beyond a joke. So that was my answer the cl, I don't think I have watched a game without it being mentioned. It would be great to complete the trophies aswel as shove it down the haters throats in the process. But mainly for pep and the players as you can see they want it.

To win the CL we would have to beat some of the best teams in Europe. So I don't get the argument that the CL is "just" a cup competition.
It is just a money making racket until the knock-out stages, then it is a Cup Competition.

in the PL you play everybody else home and away, a true test of just how consistent you are.

The chumps is 13 matches and you can lose half of them and still take the trophy, no team has ever won the PL by losing 19 matches.

No comparison as to what is the better competition.

I didnt really like either option, because will be gutted if we lose the league from here. Also the amount of shit the club are getting for not winning the cl is beyond a joke. So that was my answer the cl, I don't think I have watched a game without it being mentioned. It would be great to complete the trophies aswel as shove it down the haters throats in the process. But mainly for pep and the players as you can see they want it.
The shit will continue regardless, a win for us would probably ramp it up for a while

"City stumble over the line to claim first CL after over a decade of trying and a £2 billion outlay"

"City still lag behind lowly Nottingham Forest in table of CL winners with european royalty Liverpool leading the way in England"

It is just a money making racket until the knock-out stages, then it is a Cup Competition.

in the PL you play everybody else home and away, a true test of just how consistent you are.

The chumps is 13 matches and you can lose half of them and still take the trophy, no team has ever won the PL by losing 19 matches.

No comparison as to what is the better competition.
You're possibly right but we still haven't been good enough to win a CL in a period when we've won 5 league titles

Fans develop defensive mechanisms to deal with the success of the rivals. You have noticed the defensive mechanisms of United and Liverpool fans: City's success is hollow, based on (financial) cheating, facilitated by human rights abusers, etc. And our fans have similar defensive mechanisms regarding the CL: it's corrupt, organized by the cartel, etc. If/when we start to win the CL on a regular basis, it will be accepted by our fans as a great competition.

The reality is that the CL is rated above the PL by most fans in the world. Rightly or not, it is more prestigious to win the CL than the PL. If fans, pundits, media rate the CL above the PL, you go and win it if you want to shut them up. If you don't care about other fans and the media, then you don't moan about their opinions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.