Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
I hear you. But I kinda have come to regard the PL as our property. Ridiculous I know, but I cant bear to see another team lifting the crown. And then go through a whole season hearing them called "the champions"
But the bitter bitter wails of anguish if we buy . . . errrr, win CL would also be glorious. Honestly, fuck this poll, let’s do the fucking treble and let the gnashing of teeth and the rending of garments commence.

We'll win the League and then make up for last year's lapse in the final. Can you imagine the party in St Petersburg should we and I think we will win it. If you had to pick a trio of loons out of our team to get on it with that night who better than that day's Birthday Boys " John Stones John Stones "," You'll never beat Kyle Walker " and " Phil Phil Phil Foden ". See you there folks.

PL all the time. I don't care about the CL

I think we need to win the PL 10 to 15 times to reach that level where we can easily win a couple of CLs. So priority now is the PL

If we won the CL the cry from the RDAHMeedya would be that you might have won it once, against a poor Real, PSG, Inter, Lille team, but yer haven't won it twice or thrice. Stuff 'em. The league title is the one that shows quality over a much longer period. In cup competitions you only need to play well once and then it need not be the final.

Looking at fixtures ahead the Premier League match with Liverpool is sandwiched in between the midweek first and second legs of the UEFA CL QF round, which both ourselves and the Bin dippers are on course for reaching.

If we are still in the FA Cup as well at this time this is immediately after the second leg of the UEFA CL QF too. So the PL match with Liverpool is surrounded by important fixtures. There are a lot of if’s but both ourselves and Bin Dippers if we get this far could play each other also in the FA cup SF.

It’ll all come down to three weeks in April when we play Liverpool in the Prem, twice in the CL and in the FA Cup semifinal. Can see it happening.

I’ve always felt we’d won a small number of league titles for the club we’ve been throughout history: just two before the takeover. I still feel like I’d like to get to double figures during this era we’re in now. So the league title will always be the priority until we get there.

The CL is a great bonus to win. But it’s only a possible 13 game cup competition against a possible 7 teams out of the 32 that enter. We really do need to win this just to tick it off, but it’s always been a trophy that has been overemphasised in it’s importance. At one stage there were only about five knock-out rounds from start to finish and teams got byes on the way to winning it (Forest and Bayern got byes in years they won it).

I’ll be happy with 1 CL, but I want to get to double figures for league titles more.

When we get to double figures for league tiles, my view might be wholly different. I could be content with league title numbers by then and want the CL as a priority every year from then on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d like to win the CL at some point, I really would, but it can wait.

Winning the league this season, four times out of five, would truly mark this group of players‘ greatness, in terms of their mental resolve as much as anything.

I‘m sure we‘ll win the CL at some point, but if we don’t it’s hardly the end of the world. I’ve absolutely loved the last 13 years and if it all ended tomorrow I’d still consider myself blessed - without any real sense of loss that we didn’t win the CL.

You can’t have everything.

I’d like to win the CL at some point, I really would, but it can wait.

Winning the league this season, four times out of five, would truly mark this group of players‘ greatness, in terms of their mental resolve as much as anything.

I‘m sure we‘ll win the CL at some point, but if we don’t it’s hardly the end of the world. I’ve absolutely loved the last 13 years and if it all ended tomorrow I’d still consider myself blessed - without any real sense of loss that we didn’t win the CL.

You can’t have everything.

The players almost certainly prefer to win the CL, though, that's what is missing. They are openly saying it. They have won all domestic trophies on offer and want something else. And rightly so, imo. If you love those players, then you respect their dreams too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.