Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
At a push, would take neither if it meant Chelsea putting an end to the "Quad"!
No offence intended, you say "would take neither........end to the "quad", you do realise that winning either (or both), patently obviously ends all talk of a "quad", so on that basis, absolutely no reason to let either trophy go, we are quite capable of stopping them ourselves!

Get the CL won finally, we are more than good enough to win it and should have bagged it already. It’s the only stick left to beat us with. Ordinarily prem, harder to win than a cup competition but as a one off CL please.

This is a tough one.I just want we prove we are better team than Liverpool.

That’s an interesting one as football has so many different competitions.

In USA for example they tend to have one big end of season match in most sports and then that team is the best.

I can remember reading an American forum where it was being discussed how did anybody know who was best when it came to European footy if the Domestic winner was different to the European winner and both played in the same league.

While most people would go for the CL it’s still a knockout competition and therefore luck plays a greater role in the outcome, even over 2 legs.

The answer is there is no answer because it’s pots that count but if you want to know, at any given point, who is likely to beat who then 538 gives a pretty good approximation and you can see how close the teams are in the link and how big the gap is to 3rd and particularly 4th. We may jump back to first after tonight as its that close.

The only way to prove City are better than Liverpool in most neutral’s eyes is to win the CL and PL this season.

Champions league for me if a choice needs to be made. The club has proven itself year after year in the league. The jibs will continue until we lift the champions league. This is the high level we operate at now. The competition itself is a bit of a joke. The Scousers route to the final was a shambles. We need to win unfortunately but not for sporting reasons ironically.

The immediate dipper response will be “Wait until you've won it six times, then come back and tell us you're great, la”. The immediate Chelsea response will be… the immediate United response will be… the immediate Forest response will be… (substitute appropriate number of times won). All and sundry – “You're having a laugh with us”.
And if ever we win it six times, it will be “You did it with dirty oil money, it doesn't count”.

You know that this is true.

As for the media, they will not acclaim us as a great side on that basis, because they have a vested interest in bigging up clubs that have millions of clicks from places like Kuala Lumpur, Lagos and San Diego that are so closely connected with Liverpool, Manchester, London. As Solozzo the “Turk” says in Godfather 1, “It's good business, Tom.”
I’ll tell you that here in Brazil that won’t be the case. They just want to see that we can do it at least once. And I’ll tell you that when we win it once, we’ll do it again and again. The first time is the hurdle. I want to see us win it before PSG does

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.