Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
I don't really get the people who aren't bothered about the Champions League.

I genuinely think we have the best team in Europe right now, and I want the silverware to show it. It's the one major trophy we don't have and surely it's got to happen sooner or later. I'd be gutted if we don't win it at some point during Pep's tenure.

This season, we're doing well, as well as we need to. But the nature of a cup competition means you don't know who your next opponent will be and we could easily come up against a great and motivated team that is able to beat us over two legs. I think we're the best but we're not flat-out unbeatable.

The Premier League is our bread and butter, with the quality we currently have we should be challenging most years. We've won it so much in recent years that if, in any given season, we failed to win it, I wouldn't necessarily be heartbroken. I don't think we have any sort of innate right to win the league. But you're asking me now, at this stage of the season and the position we're in...it's not all sewn up and we could easily lose it, but from our current position I'd be disappointed to do so.

It's a tough question but I think I just about lean towards the CL still.

If we win the PL but not the CL then Liverpool fans can still act like we're not a fucking incredible team, like they're better than us just because they've won the CL and we haven't. If they pip us to the post in the PL it'd be painful, but I think the CL would be consolation enough.

From the position we're in now, though, the only actually disappointing outcome for me would be for us to win neither.

If your theory holds true, it’ll be interesting to see the team he puts out for the quarter final compared to the Liverpool game sandwiched in the middle, especially if they’re 5 points or less behind us.
He'll prioritise the champions league without a doubt as he did last week. Or if it's on a knife edge he'll put two strong teams out. No way on earth will he prioritise the league and risk the champions league. Every single person at the whole club is desperate for the Champions League now and quite rightly.

The problem with asking the question now is that if we didn’t win the Premier League from here, it would be seen as a collapse, or possibly even a choke. It’s not won yet, obviously, but from here…

I’ve said for a few years that the Champions League is the Holy Grail now we have multiple domestic trophies in the cabinet in recent years.

I’d absolutely hate NOT winning the PL from here, but I’d “trade” it for the CL this season!

The PL title will always be the biggest trophy. And the biggest achievement. Yes, the football media, European Royalty FC, and United will always big up the CL, especially as City haven't won it.

But let's but honest and frank about the CL.

It's a rigged, setup, staged, managed for TV, group, knockout trophy. Teams can finish 4th in their domestic league and still get into the CL. Teams can finish 6th in their domestic league, get into the Europa League, win the Europa League, go straight in the CL pot 1(Lol!), and win the CL.(Lol!!)

When Liverpool won their last CL they finished 4th in the PL the season before. On the way to the final they lost 3 games and drew 2 games. Barcelona threw away a 3 goal lead in the 2nd leg at Anfield. And Spurs never turned up in the CL final.

Contrast that to when City won their last 14 games on the run to pip Liverpool to the PL title. What an achievement.

Yes, teams are miles better in the CL, but there are no 2nd chances in the Carabao Cup or FA Cup. Lose and you're out. Just like the old European Cup.

What's more difficult? To win the CL or to win the English domestic quadruple in 1 season? Only Pep has ever done that in England. Klopp hasn't. Fergie hasn't. Jose hasn't. Wenger hasn't, Busby hasn't. Fagin hasn't, Paisley hasn't. Shankly hasn't. Let that sink in. Yet you never hear that being talked about in the football media. All you hear from the football media, Liverpool fans, and United fans, is City have never won the devalued European Cup, now known as the CL, which is about to expand with more teams finishing further down their domestic leagues being allowed to enter into it by the UEFA Mafia.

Winning the PL title will always be bigger than winning the CL in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.