Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
The question was What would you prefer, not what the club or Pep want.

It will always be the league for me if we can only win one.

If that makes me deluded or a liar, then so be it.

If we win the league this year it will be nice, I'll cheer, feel happy and maybe go for a few beers and sing a few songs and watch the deciding game on replay that night.

If we win the Champions League this year I will probably cry, will ring every blue I know and scream down the phone, I'll hug my family, I'll be euphoric for days, weeks even, will spend days and days watching every angle, every clip, every celebration. I'll It will feel like the pinnacle of 45 years support, as good as 2012 did. Possibly better.

How you feel is of course up to you but I'll put it another way. I cannot fathom how anybody who professes to loves the club does not feel the same way.

I would very much like us to win the CL this year. For the PL title, the dippers aren't catching us — I would put my house on that if I had one, we just aren't looking in any way shaky this year, and that's about the first time I've ever thought that with the exception of the 17-18 — so there's not much risk there.
It's not a question of not being bothered about the CL. Least, not as far as I'm concerned. It's just that I'd always go for the PL, if it were a straight toss-up (or course, it isn't, football doesn't work like that). There are many things I intensely dislike about the CL (not least, those UEFA arseholes and that vapid anthem) but we still need to win it.
By the way, lest anyone believe that there'll be no stick to beat us with if/when we do win it. Wake up from that illusion. It'll be (from dippers, rags and Chelsea) “come back and see us when you've won it several times”. From the rags, it'll be “come back and see us when you've won the league and the cup in the same season” (of course, that nightmare for them may happen this season). From the rest, it'll be “What took you so long to buy it, given your pots of cash?” If you care about what others say and think, you'll never be happy. I say fuck the lot of them.
Another thing. There's what you want personally, and there's the strategic question of the club's interests. If you want the top players to come here, we need to get that under our belt. Yes, we've had a few without it. But like it not, that trophy does put stars in young players' eyes. Does anybody think that Haaland wouldn't be more attracted to City if we get that trophy in May? It won't be the only factor, but it will be one of them.

If we win the league this year it will be nice, I'll cheer, feel happy and maybe go for a few beers and sing a few songs and watch the deciding game on replay that night.

If we win the Champions League this year I will probably cry, will ring every blue I know and scream down the phone, I'll hug my family, I'll be euphoric for days, weeks even, will spend days and days watching every angle, every clip, every celebration. I'll It will feel like the pinnacle of 45 years support, as good as 2012 did. Possibly better.

How you feel is of course up to you but I'll put it another way. I cannot fathom how anybody who professes to loves the club does not feel the same way.
I don’t, sorry. Must make me a plastic fan then.

Poster creates thread and poses simple question with only 2 answers. Even has a vote system. Daft posters say we wan't both or all three with the FA Cup. Like doh! Really?

This place sometimes:-)

BTW I liked the 'I just can't vote on this'

Will the earth open and swallow you up? Will you jinx the team? Will you break out in hives?

Pmsl.
Oh dear, would you like some of my medication. It is an opinion and we are all entitled to our opinions. :-)

Given the choice, Premier League all day every day. The true test of the best team in the best league in Europe.

Like all blues, I'd like to win the Cl, but I also want to win the FA Cup and League Cup. The fact that our record in the FA Cup doesn't reflect our position as the pre-eminent team of the last 12 years is for the same reason we haven't won the CL. That's cup football for you.

Once we've won the CL I'll get back to the my normal "league is bread and butter" line, but until that day I'd take the CL. The only way of curing the pain from last year's final is to win it.

It's basic psychology from fans say you don't really care then you cannot lose. Not falling for it I'm afraid. They say things like fuck that corrupt cup then spend the season telling us how corrupt the league is. Yet they want the league.

Don't want to win the most prestigious competition badly and the one we haven't won? Nah not having it.

They might just be daft mind.

It's basic psychology from fans say you don't really care then you cannot lose. Not falling for it I'm afraid. They say things like fuck that corrupt cup then spend the season telling us how corrupt the league is. Yet they want the league.

Don't want to win the most prestigious competition badly and the one we haven't won? Nah not having it.

They might just be daft mind.
I actually suspect that as well and thought about posting the same. People are managing their own expectations by pretending it's "league all the way". Also putting up a defensive barrier due to the barbs from other clubs every time we don't win it.

The city and club would explode in joy if we won it. Can you imagine? Kings of Europe. The end of the journey. No more barbs and pisstaking. Pep and our players at the pinnacle of their careers. There is no way that winning the league again compares to that simply because we've done it so many times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.