Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Has to be the Champions League for me now. I love winning the league but we can't just keep burying our heads in the sand with regards to this. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Winning ten Leagues in a row would feel pretty hollow if we couldn't couple it with at least one European Cup. The teams that are regarded as a the greatest in club football have all won this trophy: Pep's Barca, the Milan team of the early noughties, the Madrids and the Bayerns, certain English clubs which I won't mention for fear of being labelled. For whatever reason, the club have a serious mental block when it comes to this tournament, we need to overcome it because we aren't going to be taken seriously until we do. This team's legacy, moreover Pep's legacy here, will be incomplete without it. I'm desperate to see that trophy beribboned in Sky Blue.

The people banging on about how it needs to be renamed have a point, but the reality is it's the European Cup. Much in the same way the Carabao Cup is the League Cup or the Barclays Premier League used to be the League. We don't have a European Cup in our trophy cabinet and that needs to change. No more excuses.

Even though I'd absolutely love for us to win a Champions League, I don't think that competition could get the emotions out of me that the Premier League does. To slog it out with apparently the "best side ever" over 38 games and come out on top is just something else. Unbelievable feeling.

This year, maybe not every year but this year 100%, it's the CL for me. Sunday was marvelous but having City, the CL trophy and the missus all together in Paris as planned would have been something else.

I really want us to win the CL but this "this or that" mentality only exists because the "oil merchants" crowd has run out of everything except the CL to criticise us with.

If we win the CL and then somehow lose the Club World Cup or UEFA Super Cup, they'll hang that over our heads for the rest of time.

We arent ever going to be in a situation where we have to choose one or the other, so I refuse to.

This year, maybe not every year but this year 100%, it's the CL for me. Sunday was marvelous but having City, the CL trophy and the missus all together in Paris as planned would have been something else.
Surely it's a 3-in-a-row english top level, with a chance of never before seen 4-in-a-row top level the year after.

Anything else (FA cup, league cup, CL) is a bonus.

prem>chumps league>fa cup>league cup.

Chumps is the only thing other clubs can even try to banter us with but to me it's still a nice to have.... It's a cup copetition of which anything can happen and the best team doesnt often win.

For me a full domestic season in what no doubt is the best league in the world currently, truly shows who is best.

I am sure it would be huge for the club to win it for all sort of things, but when I remember both Chelsea wins or that the dipper team in 2005, or to top it all Mourinho sides - it is completely irrelevant to me. PL every single time and for me personally even FA cup final at Wembley with all BBC bullshit on the game day matters much more than CL.

It is not failing to win CL that hurts, it is the fashion how we self-obliterate every single season under pep.

PL all day long, the hardest trophy bar none to win in world football, interesting that the new Champions league format is Leaning towards being an actual league, with more games & is probably trying to muscle in on the PL success & financial rewards, incidentally the PL is NOT shown in only 5 countries in the world!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.