Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
I am surprised people here are saying that PL is the hardest trophy to win. If it’s so hard, then how come we have won the PL 6 times in a decade but haven’t won the CL once. I am super excited about us winning the PL but CL is every player and manager’s dream and we have to win it at some point. I was really hoping this year would be the year where we break our curse but it’s the same old like every time. We do seem to have a huge mental block in the CL but once we win it I am sure blues would be more happy than winning the PL.

I am surprised people here are saying that PL is the hardest trophy to win. If it’s so hard, then how come we have won the PL 6 times in a decade but haven’t won the CL once. I am super excited about us winning the PL but CL is every player and manager’s dream and we have to win it at some point. I was really hoping this year would be the year where we break our curse but it’s the same old like every time. We do seem to have a huge mental block in the CL but once we win it I am sure blues would be more happy than winning the PL.
It’s the hardest to win if you’re not the best team trying to win it

A knock out cup at any level needs luck, determination and no injuries, no 7/10 (or below) performances. A league can see defeat, resilience and that City stuff we have been enjoying in recent years.

Surely it's a 3-in-a-row english top level, with a chance of never before seen 4-in-a-row top level the year after.

Anything else (FA cup, league cup, CL) is a bonus.

I can't see there ever being a scenario in which the CL would be preferable to the PL. You win the league, want to retain it back to back, no way would you want to lose it the following year. You do that, certainly want 3 in a row. If you manage that, fucking hell unprecedented 4. If you lose the title, instantly want to win it back the following year. No way would you want not winning the league twice in a row.

The CL will be the one to win, alongside with the PL, not instead of. And there is no reason it Should be either or.

Last edited:
This year, maybe not every year but this year 100%, it's the CL for me. Sunday was marvelous but having City, the CL trophy and the missus all together in Paris as planned would have been something else.

What, this year as in, you'd have given up Sunday for the CL? Or do you mean next season.

This year, that would have meant Liverpool matching our domestic treble. Next season, chance at 3 in row.

I just can't see why it has to be either or. We were in for both last season, If we hadn't conceded 3 in Madrid, we'd be in for both now, the same will happen any season.

I voted for the Champions Leagie in the poll above for this season. However, I want to win three league titles in a row more than I want to win our first CL next season, so I’d change my vote if it was a new poll for next season.

Five English clubs have won the European Cup: United Liverpool Forest Villa and Chelsea. Only four English clubs have won three league titles in a row: Huddersfield Arsenal Liverpool and United.

And if we won that three in a row, I’d want four in a row more the following season n’all because nobody has ever done that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.