Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Next season, we need to get behind and make the effort to win the Champions League. It’s clear that this squad wants it badly and deserves it. Even Grealish said so in the post-match interview on Sunday: “there are many here who are DESPERATE to win the Champions League”
I am absolutely convinced that whenever we reach the final again, we will win it. Has to be next year. And we’ll do it again soon after

Still the Premier league - the great teams of English football win three on the trot. It takes a consistency that very few have managed over the years and so we need to do that. It won't be easy - Liverpool will be gunning for us again, Tottenham under Conte will be better. Chelsea could go either way. But it has to be the primary target.

Premier league first, then the champions league with it.

There hasn’t been a success league and champions league campaign from an English side since United in 2008. That, for me, is the way to win it. Leaving no doubt that you are the best team in Europe.

It would feel hollow winning the champions league whilst tossing off domestic cups and finishing 3rd, for example. Liverpool could be looking at their 3rd champions league win of the premier league era, but in those seasons they’ve finished 5th, 2nd and 2nd. That’s not the way to win it and must surely feel very hollow. I want us to win it whilst also winning the league, which is what this team deserves.

Premier league first, then the champions league with it.

There hasn’t been a success league and champions league campaign from an English side since United in 2008. That, for me, is the way to win it. Leaving no doubt that you are the best team in Europe.

It would feel hollow winning the champions league whilst tossing off domestic cups and finishing 3rd, for example. Liverpool could be looking at their 3rd champions league win of the premier league era, but in those seasons they’ve finished 5th, 2nd and 2nd. That’s not the way to win it and must surely feel very hollow. I want us to win it whilst also winning the league, which is what this team deserves.
I would have absolutely no problem winning the Champions League without winning the PL. It has to be won at some point, everyone knows it. I don’t think it will be, but it could be Pep’s last season with us, so I hope it’s the one he wins with us (the first at least).

38 games is the ultimate test , nobody flukes the premier league, Champions league can be won with luck and a favourable draw .
Or you can be like Real Madrid and win by beating the PL top 3 and PSG. People have to understand that cup competitions aren’t about luck; they just require a different kind of strategy and competence to win

Next season, we need to get behind and make the effort to win the Champions League. It’s clear that this squad wants it badly and deserves it. Even Grealish said so in the post-match interview on Sunday: “there are many here who are DESPERATE to win the Champions League”
I am absolutely convinced that whenever we reach the final again, we will win it. Has to be next year. And we’ll do it again soon after
Agree totally. It's our owners, our manager and our players who want and deserve it. I want it, for them.

For just only me, notwithstanding what City want, the either/or question depends on who would win the league if not us. If the choice is CL but Liverpool or Utd (LOL) win the Prem, I'd sacrifice the CL to prevent it. If someone else wins the Prem but we win CL, I'd be okay.

Fuck this shit -- let's just do the quad and eliminate any of these choices. Go from pissboiling to fully-evaporated gaseous piss hanging in the air for eternity.

It should be re-branded it is not a "Champions League" any more and hasn't been for a long while. Its a European cup made of the 4th best teams from the major leagues + Europa league winners going into pot 1 (11th placed German team this season). Its UEFA branding and a bent competition. I'll take the Premier League over this ever year until I die.
Maybe rebranded to “the Champions (and others) League and Cup”.

What still feels like a wound that‘s going to take a while not to smart is that, sorry, over 180 minutes of two full matches we were quite simply the better team, and we threw it away in six minutes of pitiable defending. We didn’t have to choose between the two. And we hadn’t chosen. Give me as a fan the choice and I’ll take the league every time. But with every passing season I do feel that, as a club, we need to get that CL under our belts. And I also feel that we won’t have a better chance than while Pep’s here.
We’re getting there, you’d think. Finalists last season, semi-finalists this.

Couldnt give a fuck about the CL after Sunday. League every single time.

Win the CL as well then fine. But if it is one or the other then the league wins it.

I fully expect us to win both next season. Istanbul is just meant to be. And then we will win it again at Wembley the year after. And we will win the league both seasons too.

Or not....but probably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.