Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Because you need to beat those same teams that have beaten you in the return leg by a bigger margin. Yes, Real Madrid were not the favourites in any of the knockout ties, and that is another reason why it's a harder challenge. Even teams that are not better on paper can come up with strategies and an almighty fight to overcome the best teams, because of the prestige the competition carries. We've had so many examples ourselves like Lyon, Spurs, Chelsea etc. who played way beyond their capabilities.
You are confusing Luckiness with difficulty.

I think it is akin to being paid weekly and every week you have a blue envelope with 10k and a green envelope with 5k to choose from. Every week you pick the blue envelope and get paid 10k. One week your boss says there are no blue envelopes left so you get the green One at 5k. You would much rather the blue one but it isn’t exactly a bad weeks pay so you are still happy with 5k. The Premier League is the 10k and the champs is the 5k. Until you are offered both the same week you take the blue (PL) one every time
I can confirm, this is pretty much how my working life progressed...

The Champs league is obviously our owner's strong desire and favourite. And until we do we won't be seriously well regarded on the world stage. With Haaland and others signing/some moved on we've got a great chance next season. After all 4 Prem titles out of possible last 5 seriously aint bad!

You are confusing Luckiness with difficulty.

I thought Liverpool had all the luck many times these last few months. The way we had to fight a war against Atletico before the FA semi, the way they had easier knockout ties, the way they won League cup final, when Mahrez missed the penalty. Yet, here we are celebrating and them in utter despair. I prefer to think "there is no such thing as luck".

I thought Liverpool had all the luck many times these last few months. The way we had to fight a war against Atletico before the FA semi, the way they had easier knockout ties, the way they won League cup final, when Mahrez missed the penalty. Yet, here we are celebrating and them in utter despair. I prefer to think "there is no such thing as luck".
You are right Liverpool had the luck in the Premier league and didn't win it. Madrid had the luck in the Champions League and won it. You can win the CL with luck without being the best team. The best team always wins the league

You are right Liverpool had the luck in the Premier league and didn't win it. Madrid had the luck in the Champions League and won it. You can win the CL with luck without being the best team. The best team always wins the league

Madrid beating PSG, Chelsea, City and Liverpool is not luck. Come on.

For me, it'll always be the Premier League. However, that's not to say I wouldn't be absolutely over the moon when finally get our hands on our coveted inaugural UCL trophy.

I feel I would want us to get the UCL because it is viewed as prestigious and it's obviously something the club wants and, as fans, we'd obviously all want to win everything on offer anyway. Plus for the UCL, I feel like it would be that moment when we can finally shut up all those detractors who point it out whenever things are going our way or if things aren't going their way. No doubt, they'd move onto something else then though, probably oh well you've won it once, that's not twice, or you have no fans, which is a laughable comeback.

However, all that being said, personally, for me it is always the Premier League. Finishing top of the league and being Champions after 38 games after almost a year is just an incredible feeling and one I couldn't even imagine when I was a kid experiencing the exact opposite in the form of relegation! Yes, knockout tournaments (basically, the League Cup, FA Cup and UCL) are fun and I love our FA Cup and League Cup wins and the journey we went through for all of them but it can come down to the luck of the draw in such tournaments and a freak result on a bad night/day could see the best team lose out. However, you need to consistently play well in the Premier League and there is nothing else like it!
Perfect response. Agreed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.