Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Just want to win one champions league to get the monkey off our back but then on in I’d rather win the league every season.

the scousers have won one of each recently and want the league much more desperately which kind of answers the question.

Obviously more difficult for us to win the CL. We are the best team in England and that's why we have the record we do in the PL.

Conversely take Spurs, if they qualify.

Which trophy are they more likely to win?

I'd say the CL.

So which is more difficult depends on how good you are.

I think the year we win the CL might be the year we don't win the PL. Our performance in the FA Cup semi-final and the last minute collapse against Real felt to me like the treble pressure had mentally exhausted us. And I'm not surprised. We play football at the highest level week after week and we don't have the media willing us on. We have a very intelligent manager and intelligent people can be quietly full of doubt and anxiety. We have a great team but in some ways still miss Vinny, Aguero and David Silva. Remember when we were 12 points ahead at Christmas and everyone was saying it was all a done deal and we were killing the game because our football was too perfect? All these things can combine to make a hoodoo, and Pep was the one person saying it's never that simple. I can imagine a year where we win the CL without winning the PL, get the confidence, then do both, and more, the next season.

Premier League first all the time, but I also want us to win the CL

At the moment it just isnt going our way in europe, but we are getting to the latter stages more often than not now. Throw Haaland up top next season and we are looking good again next season

The CL is the last mental block to overcome for our club - we win that then we have every opportunity to go on and win more CL's. Its similar to the situation we had when we went and won the FA Cup to kick start the silverware haul - it allowed us to believe we could go on and do it domestically

It will happen, and when it does we are in a position that should allow us to go and add more

When we stop booing the anthem, we will win the Champions league.

I would love to win CL just to shut everyone else up.
While it is a very nice trinket, it is still fundamentally a knock out competition. Anything that can be decided by a penalty shoot out cannot possibly be the ultimate measure of which is the best side.
I am with Souness, and he’s got more of those winners medals than that fuckwit Carragher. A nine month campaign against all teams in all conditions is the only true test of a football club.

I'd love us to win the champs league, once would do. But I'm more than happy to continue dominating the prem, think it's definitely a harder thing to win

So did we get fined by uefa for the Atletico game, can't remember seeing any story in the media about it, apart from that message Sly Stone put out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.