Premier League's own FFP restrictions?

Let's cap wages have equal share of gate revenue share the top 4 money equally and only let clubs spend 30m a season and that includes wages NOW thats fairer

southern muppet said:
We are in the top 10 clubs on the planet by revenue, in terms of the Deloitte Money League. This is revenue, money generated.

We are in the best position of any club outside the sky four.

If we won the league and CL this season, we'd surely not only break even but report a profit in the next set of financial figures. It's arguable that with just another title win alone we could break even, assuming no major expenditure on players in the next 8 days or in January.

In short, is there not an argument that we need not give too much of a fuck?

Why should have to preserve them? Even if we were part of their self-interest club I'd still want it to be at least possible for Everton or Villa to do what we have...and Chelsea can fuck right off too..we've got our revenue up by investing but you can't so ner.

The end of the Premier League as we know it. With sanctions from Platini and United certain members from England's and Europe's elite would be invited into the Super Cup of Nations where every top player would want to join.

Farewell to the game as we know it, welcome to the game of the Elite.

Cobwebcat said:
Well if West Ham are in favour who knows. The Dippers and Rags have got Turkeys voting for Christmas. I just hope they are too late to stop us now we have the CL income coming in. Some clubs seem happy to know their place.

I'd say there's a fair chance that they are too late. We have the team in place already, a vast reduction in outlay on players, another year in the Champions league, we are increasingly famous worldwide due to the way we won the league, a growing fanbase, some of the best commercial partnerships, the best people in charge of the club, an the academy will piss all over everyone elses and so on. It could in some ways protect our position, but the whole principle is wrong IMO.

Like you say though, you just know for sure that the likes of Wigan won't be able to contain themselves at the prospect of bending over for their heroes Gill and United.

There is a light said:
Getting things in perspective, how many of the teams would realistically back this?

How many Villa/Spurs/Everton etc fans comments and opinions had you heard saying FFP will be great for them? Loads personally. They don't seem to grasp it so it's possible their clubs mightn't either.
Could easily see it passed if voted on, but I reckon we'll be safe enough at that stage. It's themselves they'll be screwing.

waspish said:
If clubs vote for this they have give up the dream end off

Perhaps they are more interested in lining their own pockets than winning things. Most just want to stay in the Prem and have an advantage over the Championship teams.

kiam06 said:
All I know is our owners will not allow anything that damages their position and they are big enough and wise enough to cover ever eventuality.

Sit back and enjoy the rags squirm :)

It's not the point though. Why the fuck should the riches of football be a closed shop to those that aspire to challenge the established order? The irony upon ironies is that this has absolutely fuck all to do with football integrity, or 'protecting' clubs that might find themselves in a situation like Portsmouth. It's about a cartel trying to impose regulations which would enshrine a certain 'elite' at the top of the table.

I have no worries whatsoever with regards to our situation: we are fortunate in that we managed to sneak through the gate before it was closed. What fucks me off more is that other teams will never get the chance that we did. It's been said a thousand times previously by other City supporters, this isn't sour grapes on our part as we have already put in place the mechanisms which will allow us to thrive. The fans of other clubs need to realise that if this ever comes into play they will be shafted royally and will have zero hope of ever vying for top honours.

waspish said:
Tevez City said:
joe mancini said:
Its too late for them to stop City,but the likes of Everton,etc need to stop this shit now.

It is already affecting City if you look at City's activity in the transfer market this summer so far !

In what way not stopped us

It stopped the club from spending big whenever they want.

Tevez City said:
waspish said:
Tevez City said:
It is already affecting City if you look at City's activity in the transfer market this summer so far !

In what way not stopped us

It stopped the club from spending big whenever they want.

Whose It stopped us buying because our squad is jammed full of quality anyone coming in wont be first choice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.