Previous UK government ‘covered up’ financial turmoil ahead of election

Stinks of Osbourne blaming the previous labour government for the need to impose austerity in 2011... Here we go again under the Tory lite party

Getting back to the point (ie did the Tories cover-up the “black hole”) - I don’t think it’s true that they did (that doesn’t excuse their awful Government by the way).
It was known to exist and reported upon before the election and I think RR commented upon it herself. With OBR etc around these days I don’t think it’s credible for an incoming Government to be unaware.
Just playing politics I suppose. It’s an inherently dirty business.

Getting back to the point (ie did the Tories cover-up the “black hole”) - I don’t think it’s true that they did (that doesn’t excuse their awful Government by the way).
It was known to exist and reported upon before the election and I think RR commented upon it herself. With OBR etc around these days I don’t think it’s credible for an incoming Government to be unaware.
Just playing politics I suppose. It’s an inherently dirty business.
The OBR can only crunch the numbers given to them by the Gov of the day which they did, and made visible for all parties. (this is what Labour saw)

On entering office Labour provided the OBR all the identified spending commitment for this financial year.

The OBR confirmed there were new items not previously seen

So am I. To benefit scroungers and scrotes.
Do you realise around 1/3 rd of the Welfare Bill for the UK is Pensions.

Are pensioners "benefit" scroungers and scrotes? If you do then surely you would support the removal of the winter fuel allowance, as that is scrounging too.

No i do not claim benefits, I do receive welfare due to ill health. Not that it is any of your business to ask about my own personal financial situation.
It’s a legitimate question as the most vocal on such matters are usually the ones with their snouts buried the deepest in the benefits trough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.