Price of beer in Dublin pubs

I was there 13 years ago which sounds longer than 2011. I went for euro cup final sadly City didnt make it. Found sports bar to watch City beat Stoke 3.0 (Tevez) and guinness was 5 euros. At the time euro to £ was almost parity so i thought it was expensive then.
I would expect a pint to be around 8 euros now i guess.

We went in the Temple Bar pub, where you get your pants pulled down, and got a Moretti which cost 9 Euros.

How are the prices elsewhere because next time i woukd like to head to another part of the country. It can be a right Ballache as a couple visiting Europe. With flights hotels and a round of drinks for 2 it becomes hard to justify the cost.
@hilts I was down in Carrick-on-Shannon over the weekend and in Cryans Hotel Guinness was €5.70 a pint.
This would be typical of country towns. I would say the bars would be cheaper than hotel prices too.
Anything under €6 is doing well, in any part of the country.

If you’ve done Dublin already I would thoroughly recommend heading west or south and seeing some of the countryside.

There’s some great craic in the small town pubs.

@hilts I was down in Carrick-on-Shannon over the weekend and in Cryans Hotel Guinness was €5.70 a pint.
This would be typical of country towns. I would say the bars would be cheaper than hotel prices too.
Anything under €6 is doing well, in any part of the country.

If you’ve done Dublin already I would thoroughly recommend heading west or south and seeing some of the countryside.

There’s some great craic in the small town pubs.
Cheers mate appreciate it.

There's quite a few places where you can get a pint for 4.50-5 euros and loads have offers on cheap pints before a certain time. Have a google and you'll find them

Liverpool (sorry) is often £6+ of a weekend. It’s becoming more popular with stags and hens certainly.

Not rocket science. Go to the main tourist pubs in any major city and expect to be ripped off royally.

Most places, wander off down a backstreet and you’ll stumble across a locals pub in less than five minutes.

Not rocket science. Go to the main tourist pubs in any major city and expect to be ripped off royally.

Most places, wander off down a backstreet and you’ll stumble across a locals pub in less than five minutes.

Sam Smiths pubs in London were very good. The Chandos and The Cock amongst others.

Went for a stag do a couple of weeks ago - two nights away was nearly £800. spent roughly £500 on food and drink...We had a decent time, but i didn't think Dublin was anything special tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.