Price of beer in Dublin pubs

I did Ireland Away with Wales in something like 2018 / 2019 and it was expensive then. I had to use an Airbnb as hotels were too much.

I liked Dublin lots and would go back but it’s just the cost. Even the notoriously expensive Stockholm was cheaper.

I was in Dublin last year and was paying around 5 euro a pint for Guinness in the Smithfield area of Dublin. Probably not far off what we pay over here. Think Mulligans in Manchester is over £6 now. But the difference is immense. If you are a Guinness drinker and have not tried it in Ireland, you have not lived. Book that boat/flight now!

I was in Dublin last year and was paying around 5 euro a pint for Guinness in the Smithfield area of Dublin. Probably not far off what we pay over here. Think Mulligans in Manchester is over £6 now. But the difference is immense. If you are a Guinness drinker and have not tried it in Ireland, you have not lived. Book that boat/flight now!
I used to drink Guinness in college down in Bristol in the 60s and in '66 spent a week in Ireland. The Irish stuff was as smooth as velvet whilst the stuff they brewed over here is as smooth as sandpaper!

Mulligans was £6.90 when I was in there at Christmas, it might be more now!

I was in Dublin last year and paid around €6 or €6.50 for a Guinness in most city centre pubs, which was still cheaper than Manchester. Temple Bar has always been a rip off and has only got worse, but overall Manchester is a more expensive place to go drinking than Dublin.

Brexit for you.

I’m hoping it’s cheaper in Galway as visiting relatives there soon.

Oh, and on the other side of the Liffey is far better than the Temple Bar area in my experience.
Agree about the other side of the river. Frank Ryan’s is one of our favourites when we go. Not drank in Temple Bar for years as nice as it is.

We were in Galway last week and paid around EU6 for Guinness even in our hotel. O’Connells is a great bar. Get a pizza from the back. They’re ace. Tigh Neachtain is good too and obviously Tig Coli.

I’m in Dublin in a couple of weeks. We stay in Dun Laoghaire as it is nicer. Dublin just doesn’t do it for me anymore but we will get the DART in for a night when we need to be in the city.

Cheers.
Any recommendations for watching the match on Saturday?
Check out Chaplins Bar just across the river on Hawkins Street. It’s near Trinity College.
It’s a City pub. It should be open for the match. I know on Sundays it opens around 4pm. Suss it out early.

No idea how much a pint would cost these days but Mulligans had the best pint when I was there a few years ago.
Still a great pub and worth a visit. On Poolbeg Street.
I started work at 17 across the road from it.
I suppose you could say I did my drinking apprenticeship there.

Been to Dublin 3 times in the last 4 years. Love the Temple Bar area but bloody hell the drinks are extortionate.

I'm hoping to go to the West of Ireland next year, hopefully near the coast. Are the drink prices bad there too or more like we pay in the UK?
You’ll be fine down the Wesht.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.