Price of beer in Dublin pubs

Been to Dublin 3 times in the last 4 years. Love the Temple Bar area but bloody hell the drinks are extortionate.

I'm hoping to go to the West of Ireland next year, hopefully near the coast. Are the drink prices bad there too or more like we pay in the UK?

Been to Dublin 3 times in the last 4 years. Love the Temple Bar area but bloody hell the drinks are extortionate.

I'm hoping to go to the West of Ireland next year, hopefully near the coast. Are the drink prices bad there too or more like we pay in the UK?
Guinness is somewhere between €5-6. €6 is just over a fiver sterling.

Let me know when you’re going and I’ll sort you out a brewery trip in Galway!

In Dublin when I was working out there much preferred Caffrey's to the Guinness beautiful pint of beer, tried it over here all I can say is the Irish sea must have been pretty rough on the day it came over.
In the UK, Caffrey’s was, iirc, brewed at Tadcaster.

I remember every UK ten gallon keg of Murphy’s Irish Stout had a pint that was brewed in Cork and 79 in Magor, South Wales. So they could say it was brewed in Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland.

I’d be surprised if transporting it over sea was economical, give the volumes in the mid-‘90s

Last edited:
In the UK, Caffrey’s was, iirc, brewed at Tadcaster.

I remember every UK ten gallon keg of Murphy’s Irish Stout had a pint that was brewed in Cork and 79 in Magor, South Wales. So they could say it was brewed in England and the Republic of Ireland.

I’d be surprised if transporting it over sea was economical, give the volumes in the mid-‘90s
I was working at Irish rail inchicore works, got a membership at Guinness sports and social 10 punts had some heavy nights in there :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.