Prime Aguero or present Haaland

City were scoring 100+ goals a season with Aguero in the team and they aren't with Haaland. They also played significantly better football. Hence the "all round game" bit. Aguero also scores in big games and big moments whereas Haaland gets limited due to the quality and numbers of the opposition on him that Aguero could escape.

The point here is simple. You joined the forum about a year back and are called The Viking and I'm guessing that you're probably more of a Haaland fan than a City fan, and that's totally ok. But to claim that your favourite player is "FAR FAR superior" to a guy who helped build this football club, that we have an entire part of the ground named in reference to, with a massive statue of him front and centre outside the Etihad, and that there's "no argument to be had" is arrogant and condescending. You bumped a 4 month old thread in order to pick a fight so you're getting the response that you were trying to illicit.

Yes, there is very much an argument between Sergio and Haaland still and a lot of people don't fall down on the Haaland side despite his great record. You say that strikers are only judged on goals. I say that's 19th century thinking. If you take away Aguero's goals then he's a good attacking midfielder who could play in a Nasri type role. If you take away Haaland's goals then he's playing for Luton. He's scored more goals at 24 than Messi and Ronaldo did but if you ask every football fan in the world if Messi or Haaland was a better player at 24 then almost every one of them is picking Messi.

I love Haaland, he's probably my favourite City player now because I enjoy his personality and sense of humour in videos. I loved his Dad aswell and remember being gutted when he left. But the idea that he's far superior to a legend of this club and this league and there's no argument to be had on it is blinkered horseshit.

Frankly, it’s a pointless debate.

As City supporters we are fortunate to have had two such wonderful strikers at our club and I hope Haaland stays for as long as Sergio did.

Haaland & Aguero are both out-and-out strikers were they're judged by goals... So you cannot use the David Silva & Lampard example.

The whole "all around game" goes completely out of the window for Haaland with an outrageous level of goalscoring feats. Aguero's never came close to Haaland's level.

Every manager would pick Haaland who averaged almost 1 goal a game over Aguero's fancy "all-around game"...
Cant bear fucking fanboys ,you will go when he goes , you all do , you are clearly new to city and dont understand how loved sergio is, pep taught him to be a pure footballer and not just a goal scorer so are you saying pep doesnt know what he is doing ?

I think even the biggest die-hard Aguero stans have to admit Haaland is easily a far, FAR superior player.

I dunno how people still thinks it's a conversation at this point.
This is crazy. Haaland is a far superior GOALSCORER- on track to be maybe the best ever, but "player"? No way. Not in a million years.

I don't think you can fully compare them. I mean as a 42 year old man, I love Haaland as he's how I love my striker to be.

Aguero was probably the perfect striker for the Era football developed into at City.

So I will call it a draw. But like someone else has already said, I'm just glad I got to see them both here. What times we live in.

I think even the biggest die-hard Aguero stans have to admit Haaland is easily a far, FAR superior player.

I dunno how people still thinks it's a conversation at this point.
Prime Aguero didn't play in as good a team as the current one. Just opinion because nothing can be proven but I reckon Aguero would be scoring shed loads in this team. Just as Haaland would probably standing isolated upfront in Pellegrini's 2015 team.
Both great strikers and I would have loved to have seen them both in the same team. Especially the Aguero that had been coached by Guardiola.

Until Erling picks up against top opposition and maintains over a multi year period, it's Sergio for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.