Prime Aguero or present Haaland

I love Erling as much as I loved Sergio.

They’re both wonderful goal scorers, and I find it very difficult to separate them, but it’s highly unlikely that the former will give us that one moment of ecstasy that Sergio did.
No, that moment was a long time coming for a lot of us and will never ever be replicated.

Aguero is the better footballer by far but at the end of the day the job of the striker in our team is to put the ball in the onion bag and Erling does it more often than Sergio, as much as I love him.

Haaland's story is still being written so it's difficult to pin down just how the respective legacies will look 20 years from now. And how long he ultimately stays at City will play a big part in that - if he decides he wants a piece of the Real Madrid filthy lucre in a few seasons from now (which I definitely wouldn't rule out), his place in the hearts of City fans would slip considerably compared to Sergio who spent all of his peak years in a blue shirt.
Plus Erling needs an iconic signature moment that people will talk about forever - a last minute Champions League final winner would help his cause!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.