Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

I want to have immigration controlled, you said that we shouldn't limit it, that's unlimited immigration.

That's a bad thing.
No I didn’t. You’ve decided to take that sentence as a free for all.

If we stop immigration, we’ll stop being able to function as a country pretty soon.

No I didn’t. You’ve decided to take that sentence as a free for all.

If we stop immigration, we’ll stop being able to function as a country pretty soon.

Nobody has said stop immigration that would be stupid, however if we have controlled immigration that isn't stopping immigration.

So if you don't want limited immigration what sort of immigration do you want? Just enough so that people can come over and look after you when you're older? Or work in your factory?

And we wont stop functioning as a country if we control immigration.

Nobody has said stop immigration that would be stupid, however if we have controlled immigration that isn't stopping immigration.

So if you don't want limited immigration what sort of immigration do you want? Just enough so that people can come over and look after you when you're older? Or work in your factory?
Lol ok, you’re arguing in bad faith.

Night mate.

I've stopped getting my knickers in a twist about this these days because the 1.2million visas issued last year dwarfs the 30,000 people who may come by other means. There is something seriously wrong with the demographics of this country and I don't know how that is ever going to be solved. We are living in a time of globalisation: products, energy, people and the whole idea of nation states and borders is becoming a bit dated. Strangely, there are still wars though!

But I have a question: was the Rwandan plan ever realistic? I mean negotiations occurred, a deal was signed & I assume money gets paid (but not now I guess as none have gone there). Was it perhaps just a ruse: announce the plan to get support from the tory voters, even the new red wall ones who probably are in favour in the main - then wait for the lawyers to block it and then get even more support by saying meddling lawyers have ruined it.... When the build up to the next election occurs and people on the door step ask about immigration, the prospective candidates can say: we tried, but left-wing lawyers blocked it, people like Keir Starmer....!

Or is that too much of a conspiracy theory?
As unsavoury and as flippant as it may be with the countries coffers, it sounds highly plausible.

If only they could strategise and implement this effectively in general..........

Wondering what do you mean by "lifestyle they can get here rather than France"?

Getting caught and being processed somewhere else isn't a deterrent, again most people making the journey are unlikely to know that's what happens.

It's not everyone though:

Around 73% of refugees settle in countries neighbouring their country of origin.

In the year ending Sept 2021, Germany received the highest number of asylum applicants in the EU+, followed by France. When compared with the EU+, the UK received the 4th largest number of applicants (under half the number of applicants to France). This equates to 8% of the total asylum applicants across the EU+ and UK. (stats taken from the UNHCR)

The UK knows where the majority of people applying for asylum are from, so making easier routes for them to apply makes sense.

Personally I'd rather pay for someone to work on a frivolous application, than pay for boats to patrol the sea, staffing at a centre for housing illegal economic migrants, paying for their basic necessities when in the centre, then paying to deport them.
I’ve already covered it.

The fact they are in the EU already and yet want to risk coming to Britain means there’s something additional, on top of safety, waiting here for them.

I’ve already covered it.

The fact they are in the EU already and yet want to risk coming to Britain means there’s something additional, on top of safety, waiting here for them.

And Ive already covered it

1) They speak the language or
2) They have family here or
3) They have community here or
4) The UK doesn't have an extradition treaty with the country they have left

You'd do the same.

And Ive already covered it

1) They speak the language or
2) They have family here or
3) They have community here or
4) The UK doesn't have an extradition treaty with the country they have left

You'd do the same.
Those are all true but then there’s the likelihood they have illegal work organised or the promise of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.