Progressive Rock

Close to the Edge for me is the greatest Prog album. Yes at their absolute peak. Even just that wonderful mixed time signature intro is sublime. (Anyone would think Fripp came up with that). And the beautiful And You And I.
Bruffords drumming, Howe's Jazz tinged lines and Squire's driving staccato Bass.
Yes's ultimate line-up. Rick Wakeman was born to be in Yes.
Watched this last night. Magical. Good version of And You and I too. If you haven’t already, worth a watch.
Did I ever tell you I have met RW (twice).

The new Porcupine Tree long player is out since a few days

I like it so far, not as good as In Absentia or Lightbulb Sun but similar to Deadwing or The Incident quality-wise. It's definitely a big leap forward from the last Steven Wilson solo outputs.

It needs some serious listening but it's well worth it.

Watched this last night. Magical. Good version of And You and I too. If you haven’t already, worth a watch.
Did I ever tell you I have met RW (twice).

I’d also love to see a Yesshows film too. I guess the nearest we have is this 50 odd minutes from Philadelphia in 1979
(Edit - if it shows as unavailable, it should work if the YouTube link is clicked)

Rick Wakeman doing two shows at the Palladium with Rock Ensemble next February.
One show will feature Six Wives and King Arthur. The second date will be Yes Music and Journey.
Clever stuff Rick !!!!
Also a follow up to The Red Planet due in the Spring.

Took my Dad to see Steve Hackett (Foxtrot 50 tour) at the Apollo on Saturday as a surprise. Hackett can still play to an amazing level. genius. Was a fantastic performance by all involved. Seeing Suppers Ready live was the highlight, but Firth of Fifth at the encore was also pretty special (as were the others)

Great night. Will definitely watch him again if he does another Genesis classic album tour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.