PROPER City away following Leeds 1978

it was a scary day and it began with the Cool Cats in their end at the start..........and serious rucking afterwards...........

kismet said:
it was a scary day and it began with the Cool Cats in their end at the start..........and serious rucking afterwards...........

I seem to remember some pub getting turned over before the game too.......serving ourselves and just took it over

Sky Blue said:
Soulboy said:
I was at both games. Two off the best atmospheres ever.

The cup game they knocked us out 1-0 was possibly the scariest away game ever, as me and my brother got the service train to Leeds and had to get back to the train station after the game... the longest walk in my life!

We had to walk through an absolute mob of Parka-clad Leeds yonners, trying to keep our heads down. Even when we got on the train, there were hundreds of Leeds fans on the platform giving it big style.

The bad old days? Not a chance!

Same as me.....I still have nightmares over white skinners and 18 hole Doc Martens!....must have been a 2 mile walk back.

And more Butcher's Coats than a Smithfield Market funeral!

Remember this game well, the road past the dog track back to the coaches was full of shoes that people had lost in the melee and just left them....Leeds were doing City everywhere until the little bridge where cIty waited, when Leeds came under the bridge about 500 City gave it them bigtime...it was serious trouble as I remember!

My first away game...14 yrs old....went with my ol man and a bunch of City fans on a bus from the Pomona on reddish lane.

On the way out we got charged by a load of Leeds fans ( Big Fuc@in Doc's and skinheads) and I have never ran so fast in me life...ended up on some train tracks to get away from em....afterwards on the bus quite a few of the lads had been in rucks,couple of young kids had got smacked...Pretty scary shit Elland Road back then.

That was a proper day away, I was in the group nicked in Leeds in Door Market who got involved in a punch up and decide to pelt the f....rs with anything we could get hold of, we were taken to a holding area near the station but the trouble got so bad they let us go with a warning.We ended up in the lowere tier where we had shall I say a fun afternoon.

If i rember right we got them 3 years on the trot lost the 1st in 77 1-0 won 78 1-2 and won again in 79 1-3. 79 was the one when big joe flatend the fan causing a mass invasion we were at the far side then not in the normal end. but boxing day 77 i think was when we took about 20,000 there were thousens locked out i was 15 and had to wait on the bus it was kicking off every where the busses couldent leave because we had to wait for those who got in. i tell you grown men knocking shit out of each other it was like sceane from the warriors

davymcfc said:
how was that not a penalty lol

I showed this video to my mate (a Liverpool fan) who didn't think it was a penalty! The mind boggles! I've genuinely never seen a more blatant penalty (given or not) in my life.

waterloo blue said:
At the previous years cup tie with my dad and his mates,absolutely shit myself at the time mind you I was only twelve.
First time I ever saw the old man in 'action',as some sheep shagger wanted my scarf and dragged me up the road with it.
Still hate Leeds
Loved going to Leeds in the 70s always took thousands & Liberties .City Fans were Always up for it Usually went by coach though & never by Train

I was there, Dennis Tueart pleading with City fans (Cool Cats) not to invade the pitch. Dirty leeds scum attacked kids, hate them fockers, always will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.