Proper Fish n Chips

black mamba said:
CityChick said:
Thats a chinese now, or do you mean the one in Levy, at the bottom of Broom Lane??

Yep , he does ....... Trawlers is in Levenshulme.(Barlow Road)

there used to be two. There used to be one on one of the streets off Matthews Lane in Longsight, but its a chinese takeaway now.

BELLENDER said:
BluePurgatory said:
The English chippy near to COMS, I think its called Jims, just off Mill Street set back next to a bookies not far from the Crusty Cob who incidently make the best meat and poatoe pies!
The best fish and chips are from Clayton 10 minute walk from Eastlands on
Midloathian street near Banks street if its still open,it is on Google earth.
The lad that runs it was from Ladybarn.
Fish and chips to die for!

Is that the chippy that the black guy runs on his own?

Nr Ravensbury Street ..... ?

If it is then the fish are really good , sizeable too ...... although the last time i was there the chips weren't all that good ... mind you it could have just been 'one of those days'!

The Seafarer in Northwich is very good.

I drive past the Metro Fish Bar near Bury everyday and when I'm going home. May have to pop in there one time.

If you ever pass through oldham you gotta try Jack Spratts English chippy on hollins rd, the potatoes he buys are 3 times more expensive than what chinese chippies buy so you pay a little more but boy they're worth it. He bangs the fat off the chips about 15 times and the fish are done fresh in front of you and are fried seperatley from the chips. He changes his oils daily just a wicked chippy.

black mamba said:
BELLENDER said:
The best fish and chips are from Clayton 10 minute walk from Eastlands on
Midloathian street near Banks street if its still open,it is on Google earth.
The lad that runs it was from Ladybarn.
Fish and chips to die for!

Is that the chippy that the black guy runs on his own?

Nr Ravensbury Street ..... ?

If it is then the fish are really good , sizeable too ...... although the last time i was there the chips weren't all that good ... mind you it could have just been 'one of those days'!

If its the 1 I am thinking of he's been there years, used to be a belter but I am going back a good 8-10 years.

No I meant the trawlers in Longsight the one in levy is trawlers 2 aint it
didnt know i closed down used to play cricket round corner used to love chip BARM and meat pie

WD40 said:
Viv & Alans - Mossley or Village Chippy err Mossley - dont get out much
They used to be good but they've lost it,the one at top Mossley has miles better fish,its next to the Co-op.They do home made fish cakes and pea fritters too.

For me a traditional English chippy needs to get one thing right and that's it's fish.
I dont mind cod haddock or pollock but it must be fresh and more importantly it must be made to order and not sat in the hot cabinet since last Tuesday.
These places are getting harder to find but behind the co-op in Worsely towards Swinton is a wee chippy run by 2 large ladies. There's a sign in plain view advising you to speak up if you want a fish as they do them to order.
When it arrives it makes you regret every appetite you ever wasted on a dry hard frozen fillet in a chinese chippy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.