Prostate cancer

Coincidentally, I’ve had my Prostate cancer confirmed tonight - Gleason Score of 8.

Nothing much changes - it’s what I expected. I’m already taking the hormone tablets, which will change to hormone injections every three months, and then I’ll be getting some radiotherapy in 3 to 4 months.
All the very best to you Rob

Nearly 10years clear for me after my diagnoisis in 2014 i had a trapped nerve in my back whilst visiting the gp i asked was that why i was struggling to go the loo. They said no we will do a blood test.It shown white blood cells so had to have a biopsy at halton where i got scepscis was ill for 2 months .Then got told i had a tc2 and needed immediate prostate removal aged 44.They did laser surgery it was awfull.6months later my brother had same operation.cancers been through my whole family mam had breast cancer then me and brother prostate cancer now my dad has liver cancer terminall.But as a family of blues we have always kept a smile on our faces watching the mighty blues clean up.ctid.
Thank you for sharing your story, wishing you and yours all the best as you move forward.

Coincidentally, I’ve had my Prostate cancer confirmed tonight - Gleason Score of 8.

Nothing much changes - it’s what I expected. I’m already taking the hormone tablets, which will change to hormone injections every three months, and then I’ll be getting some radiotherapy in 3 to 4 months.
Good luck @RobMCFC. I hope things go smoothly for you. :-)

Be strong mate and keep positive. There are lots on here who would gladly take a pm if you want to unload or just talk.

Thanks for all the comments, it's good to know people are there if you need to talk.

At the moment, I'm OK mentally. Although I've only just had the diagnosis, it was obvious from the first trip to the GP, after a high PSA blood test, that this would almost certainly be the diagnosis. I'm unlucky to get this aged 55, but lucky that I have access to amazing and effective (for most people) treatments that allow me to carry on with a relatively normal life with what will hopefully be low-level side effects.

Thank you everyone for the support it’s been an emotional day , blimey you’ve supported me throughout everything, I’ll never forget it ,
Not out the woods but the first day on the next journey, we’ll do this and we’ll do it together.
The brothers and sisters of Manchester City football club thank you so much.
View attachment 115503
Great news mate

Thanks for all the comments, it's good to know people are there if you need to talk.

At the moment, I'm OK mentally. Although I've only just had the diagnosis, it was obvious from the first trip to the GP, after a high PSA blood test, that this would almost certainly be the diagnosis. I'm unlucky to get this aged 55, but lucky that I have access to amazing and effective (for most people) treatments that allow me to carry on with a relatively normal life with what will hopefully be low-level side effects.
You keep going Rob mate, it’s great your positive in this.

Best of luck Rob.

My first post in this forum, which I really enjoy. Newcastle fan by the way. Been really moved by this thread and I wish you all the very best Rob.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.