Prostate cancer

Good luck I was similar and luckily not cancer so take meds for enlarged prostate
Got my MRI scan next week. At what point did they establish that yours wasn’t cancer and how are the meds working out for you?

Got my MRI scan next week. At what point did they establish that yours wasn’t cancer and how are the meds working out for you?
Got results very soon after the scan (maybe couple days) I'm fine with meds but know some people unable to take them. My father in law had couple fainting incidents so had to come off them. He might be going in for a scrape ( he had it before)

Last edited:
Got results very soon after the scan (maybe couple days) I'm fine with meds but know some people unable to take them. My father in law had couple fainting incidents so had to come off them. He might be going in for a scrape ( he had it before)
Thanks. Fingers crossed I'm a similar story to you.

Reactions: ob
Tamsulosin?
I'm fine with the meds generally though have had dizzy spells on occasion. Stopped drinking since diagnosis early last November so helps generally also.

Tamsulosin?
I'm fine with the meds generally though have had dizzy spells on occasion. Stopped drinking since diagnosis early last November so helps generally also.
Yea that's it, my father in law had to stop taking it. He's almost 90, I'm 62 and no side effects since I started taking them

Similar age and meds have made a massive difference for me. Wanted me to possibly take finistride as well but that's for future.
If your managing on the Tamsulosin bud, then all's well for now: If your still struggling down the line with urinary flow etc then the drug Finesteride will reduce your prostate size over say a six month period. A better starter for ten than an immediate Turp. I.E Our beloved King.

Bearing in mind that Finesteride will reduce your PSA readings down to near normal levels, which makes it more difficult evaluating raised levels of PSA and doubling, that can be helpful in PC detection.

A strange disease to detect in that you can have numerous biopsies, parametric scans, but the negative result of a biopsy will not nessasaraly rule out PC, as the cores taken at biopsy may not be cancerous, but still be present nearbye. Even a targeted transpernineal template biopsy can miss cancer.

Last edited:
Well I sat for 3 hours waiting for my biopsy last Tuesday for it to be cancelled due to an emergency that the doctor had to deal with. Rang them next day to see when I’d be getting booked in and was told that I’m now not having one until further blood tests have been done so just had them taken. Only hope this delay doesn’t bite me on the arse later on.
Update;

Had bloods done Monday evening, got a call Tuesday morning to say doctor wants me in at the earliest appointment they had for the biopsy so next Thursday now. Not sure if the timeframe is good or bad news tbh.

Fingers crossed.

Update;

Had bloods done Monday evening, got a call Tuesday morning to say doctor wants me in at the earliest appointment they had for the biopsy so next Thursday now. Not sure if the timeframe is good or bad news tbh.

Fingers crossed.
Don’t overthink it - at the end of the day, you need to get to that biopsy because nothing can be diagnosed or ruled out without it.

FYI, it usually takes at least 10 days to get the results of a biopsy. Best of luck getting through the next week or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.