Prostate cancer

I’ve had/got loads of short trips this summer. We usually have a family annual policy but this is a no-go now. My wife and kids now have a separate policy - £70 for the year for all 3 of them.

For the last few trips, I’ve used Admiral - costs £20-£30 per weekend, but you are able to declare Prostate Cancer and what stage of treatment you are at. Admiral are a known name so it seems pretty reasonable to me.
Well worth knowing Rob and A57 during my investigation I actually cancelled a long weekend cause of the cost of insurance lost £1k but also head was in bits aswell. Officially I’m still under Stepping Hill urology so this is worth knowing.

Well worth knowing Rob and A57 during my investigation I actually cancelled a long weekend cause of the cost of insurance lost £1k but also head was in bits aswell. Officially I’m still under Stepping Hill urology so this is worth knowing.

As far as I'm aware if you had a travel policy in place before you started being diagnosed then the policy would remain in place for any pre booked holidays. We booked a trip in May last year travelling last November. I had a PSA check in September which led to a diagnosis in mid November . I contacted the insurers who came back saying I would be covered but anything booked after I had had the PSA result wouldn't be.

just got back from 2 weeks holiday tonight to find an appointment for the christie tomorrow afternoon to biscuss diagnosis and treatment, i was told i would be going to stepping hill for any treatment, don't know what's changed

just got back from 2 weeks holiday tonight to find an appointment for the christie tomorrow afternoon to biscuss diagnosis and treatment, i was told i would be going to stepping hill for any treatment, don't know what's changed
I was back and forth mate between the two sometimes Christie’s send their team to stepping hill , I had my surgery at stepping hill. There’ll probably talk about all treatments resulting in your diagnosis .
Take care and the Good Luck.
Hope you had a good couple of weeks away.

I had a prostate exam about 4 years ago, no concerns apparently.

Might head back to the GP soon....

Find myself needing the toilet frequently, sometimes within minutes of going.
Seem to struggle emptying my bladder, poor flow etc
Generally need at least two trips to the toilet overnight

All possibly related to older age (only 42 though), was told previously just an enlarged prostate.

Reason enough to get checked out again?

I had a prostate exam about 4 years ago, no concerns apparently.

Might head back to the GP soon....

Find myself needing the toilet frequently, sometimes within minutes of going.
Seem to struggle emptying my bladder, poor flow etc
Generally need at least two trips to the toilet overnight

All possibly related to older age (only 42 though), was told previously just an enlarged prostate.

Reason enough to get checked out again?
100 per cent a reason to imo mate. Good luck

I was back and forth mate between the two sometimes Christie’s send their team to stepping hill , I had my surgery at stepping hill. There’ll probably talk about all treatments resulting in your diagnosis .
Take care and the Good Luck.
Hope you had a good couple of weeks away.
ive got an appointment with the surgeon from stepping hill on the 16th, so i assume this one is to discuss radiotherapy

ive got an appointment with the surgeon from stepping hill on the 16th, so i assume this one is to discuss radiotherapy
Yes mate that’s route I went down ,
Opted for surgery, then unfortunately had to have radiotherapy (I’m just greedy ;)
but I will say that this is an extremely rare occurrence, we’re very lucky to have these top top services in our area, as always Good luck tomorrow and if you need any advice and shared experiences PM anytime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.