Prostate cancer

Just a sad note to say my mate passed away yesterday, 5 months to the day since his diagnosis. He'd had pains for a few months before but didn't get them checked out.

Remember, get yourself checked, see a doctor, don't leave it too late.
Sorry to hear that mate. And very true.

Get fucking checked out!!

Just a sad note to say my mate passed away yesterday, 5 months to the day since his diagnosis. He'd had pains for a few months before but didn't get them checked out.

Wow mate, so sorry to hear about your loss . That's very sudden and I hope family and friends are OK

Sorry to hear about this. You get the impression that this is a cancer that is beaten in most cases but there will always be the unlucky ones.

I have had a biopsy this morning, I was referred by the team running a cancer screening trial called Galleri. I am due to go on a previously booked holiday on Saturday and I would like to hear from anyone who has flown after this procedure.

I have had a biopsy this morning, I was referred by the team running a cancer screening trial called Galleri. I am due to go on a previously booked holiday on Saturday and I would like to hear from anyone who has flown after this procedure.
First of all, I hope you are feeling OK.

I had a biopsy earlier this year and flew about 10 days afterwards. Consultant didn't seem to think there would be an issue. I have flown five times since then and will be doing so later this week (just getting a load of holidays in before my brachytherapy/radiotherapy next month).

I suppose in your case, the fact that there are only 3 or 4 days between your biopsy and flight is the main worry. Did you ask anybody at the hospital about it? Might be worth asking your GP.

Based on my experience, but obviously please don't take this as medical advice, If everything seems OK with your waterworks, I guess you should be fine.

Just make sure that your travel insurance company know about your medical procedure and any likely follow ups. I currently take out a short-term policy with Admiral every time I have a holiday.

Best of luck with everything going forward.

Been meaning to post an update here for a few weeks. I do have cancer in my prostate and only in my prostate. My gleason score for a couple of cores was 3+4. They offered me the usual range of options and, as I have virtually no symptoms, I elected to go with active surveillance and will have another blood test in December.

This has led to many conversations with men of my age (I am 60) some of whom either have symptoms or are already on their own pathway. As everyone says, get yourself checked, PC is both treatable and liveable with. I shall keep you updated as I go.

On another note, as my dad had PC (and my mum ultimately died of breast cancer) I knew I had an elevated risk as do my two older siblings. They have both been tested in the past few weeks. One has a really low PSA so no concern and the other had the all clear from a scan as the result of a slightly raised level.

First of all, I hope you are feeling OK.

I had a biopsy earlier this year and flew about 10 days afterwards. Consultant didn't seem to think there would be an issue. I have flown five times since then and will be doing so later this week (just getting a load of holidays in before my brachytherapy/radiotherapy next month).

I suppose in your case, the fact that there are only 3 or 4 days between your biopsy and flight is the main worry. Did you ask anybody at the hospital about it? Might be worth asking your GP.

Based on my experience, but obviously please don't take this as medical advice, If everything seems OK with your waterworks, I guess you should be fine.

Just make sure that your travel insurance company know about your medical procedure and any likely follow ups. I currently take out a short-term policy with Admiral every time I have a holiday.

Best of luck with everything going forward.
Thanks Rob, I have insurance with Staysure but they want another £100 and a fit for travel thing which my doctor doesn't provide. Wishing you well with your treatments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.