Prostate cancer

So I had the, umm, gentlemen's inspection late last year, and the word was, nothing out of the ordinary.

I went for it simply because I was finding the "power behind my p*ss" was less than it once was, not for any other reason.

I'm 59 years old, I probably should go for the 'psa test' now to to make doubly sure I'm still OK.

I managed to get away, but bone scan in the morning., consultation in the afternoon and CT scans on Tuesday. Figures on biopsy not good,
Best of luck. Getting the diagnosis will put you in the best position to treat cancer, if that's what it is. The range of treatments available is mind-blowing and even if it looks bad, there will be something they can do.

So I had the, umm, gentlemen's inspection late last year, and the word was, nothing out of the ordinary.

I went for it simply because I was finding the "power behind my p*ss" was less than it once was, not for any other reason.

I'm 59 years old, I probably should go for the 'psa test' now to to make doubly sure I'm still OK.
Definitely worth doing the PSA - a two-minute blood test.

Definitely recommend it mate, good luck

Best of luck. Getting the diagnosis will put you in the best position to treat cancer, if that's what it is. The range of treatments available is mind-blowing and even if it looks bad, there will be something they can do.

Definitely worth doing the PSA - a two-minute blood test.
Confirmed with 4:4 4:3 results and pelvic lymph node metastases, immediate hormone treatment and await results of bone scan and CT scan tomorrow, bit worried.

Confirmed with 4:4 4:3 results and pelvic lymph node metastases, immediate hormone treatment and await results of bone scan and CT scan tomorrow, bit worried.
Sorry to hear that. I have been coping OK with my diagnosis because all my scans showed no spread or metastases.

What I would say is that there are a lot of treatments available that can deal with cancer that has spread. Make sure you have an in-depth chat with your consultant and ask about the options, although hopefully they will be taking you through them as a matter of course.

Best of luck with the scans and what comes after.

i had my mri scan which has shown abnormalities on my prostate.i had a biopsy on friday and get the results 27th september 2 days before i go on holiday.the biopsy wasnt nice but not as bad as i was expecting.
Best of luck with this. You need to know what you are dealing with so hopefully it will put you on the right path. And make sure you enjoy your holiday (and have the right level of insurance cover). If the results confirm prostate cancer, I can recommend Admiral Insurance. They have a section on conditions and I have been selecting the "no treatment yet apart from hormone therapy - diagnosed with PC but awaiting treatment".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.