Prostate cancer

Thanks Rob, I have insurance with Staysure but they want another £100 and a fit for travel thing which my doctor doesn't provide. Wishing you well with your treatments.
Thanks. Take a look at Admiral and just book a one-off for this trip.

They ask you a few questions but it’s easy to answer. The problem for you might be that you do not have a definitive diagnosis.

EDIT: My wife has just reminded me that after my biopsy, before my diagnosis, I couldn’t get travel insurance so we just took the chance and went - we were only in Venice for one night so it seemed worth the gamble. Might not be an easy decision for you if you are away for a week or two. Best of luck.

Been meaning to post an update here for a few weeks. I do have cancer in my prostate and only in my prostate. My gleason score for a couple of cores was 3+4. They offered me the usual range of options and, as I have virtually no symptoms, I elected to go with active surveillance and will have another blood test in December.

This has led to many conversations with men of my age (I am 60) some of whom either have symptoms or are already on their own pathway. As everyone says, get yourself checked, PC is both treatable and liveable with. I shall keep you updated as I go.

On another note, as my dad had PC (and my mum ultimately died of breast cancer) I knew I had an elevated risk as do my two older siblings. They have both been tested in the past few weeks. One has a really low PSA so no concern and the other had the all clear from a scan as the result of a slightly raised level.
I have had a biopsy this morning, I was referred by the team running a cancer screening trial called Galleri. I am due to go on a previously booked holiday on Saturday and I would like to hear from anyone who has flown after this procedure.
Good luck to you both. Everything crossed for yous.

just been told by the doctor hes fairly sure ive got prostate cancer after raised psa and the old finger test.got to be scanned and have a biopsy to confirm but comes as a bit of a shock as i havnt had any symptoms just came back from my yearly blood tests

just been told by the doctor hes fairly sure ive got prostate cancer after raised psa and the old finger test.got to be scanned and have a biopsy to confirm but comes as a bit of a shock as i havnt had any symptoms just came back from my yearly blood tests
This thread has been a great source of info and support, lots been through it, good luck x

Thank goodness you have the yearly tests & if it is cancer, that it is hopefully caught early. Good luck to you.

That's shite news Saint, but everything crossed that if it is PC then its very early and its fucks off pronto! Good luck blue.

Try not to worry mate, the prognosis is generally excellent these days if caught in time, like in your case. Chin up and all that, best of luck.

Exactly what happened to me in March. I was relieved when told it was PC but it hadn’t spread. Life goes on - I’m on yet another Spanish holiday, having hormone treatment and taking tablets. Will have my main treatment in less than 4 weeks.

Very best of luck to you - if it’s been caught early, you’ll get to choose from a wide range of treatments and life will continue pretty much as normal. Stay in touch on here because as others have said, we are all in this together.

When your ready mate and if you feel like it there’s some great advice and experiences on here to help you come to terms with this . I’ve had to go through an awful lot with prostate cancer ( that’s if you’re unfortunate to be diagnosed it) . At any time feel free to PM . Good luck with everything keep focused, keep strong and above everything remain positive. You won’t be alone in this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.